Close Date: 12/16/2016
Magellan Luxury Hotels is a Winnipeg based company that is like no other. We are a world leader in high-service luxury hotel reservations. As a fast growing luxury hotel room provider to corporate executives, leisure travelers and celebrities, we are looking for a Director of Marketing to lead Magellan’s online marketing efforts.
A confident and self-motivated leader, you live and breathe in the digital domain and have an affinity for the discerning client. Every channel and any communication medium is open to you for the purpose of exposing Magellan to a very discriminate client set and you are comfortable using these tools for the purpose of marketing and lead generation. You are analitycal and reasoned, yet can make quick decisions based on instinct. You enjoy working in a team where each member is challenged to own their share. You like to have fun.
Reporting to the CEO, you will lead a small marketing team and external resources. This will require a balance of directing staff as well as hands on work. Staying current with marketing and market shifts while ensuring that the marketing team remains current in their skill set is critical.
This is a full-time, permanent position with normal business hours. As a manager and member of the Executive Team in a 24/7 sales environment, some after hour activity may be required.
The position is based in Winnipeg, but we will consider candidates who reside elsewhere in Canada who can demonstrate the maturity, discipline and skillset to work remotely. Occasional travel to Winnipeg by a remote hire will be required.
We are unable to consider applicants who do not reside in Canada.
- Managing all marketing for the company and activities within the marketing department.
- Developing the marketing and brand strategy for the company in line with company objectives.
- Co-ordinating marketing campaigns with sales activities aimed at maximizing sales and sales opportunities.
- Overseeing the company’s marketing budget.
- Creation and publication of all marketing material in line with marketing plans.
- Planning and implementing promotional campaigns.
- Managing and improving lead generation campaigns, measuring results.
- Overall responsibility for brand management and corporate identity.
- Preparing online marketing campaigns.
- Monitoring and reporting on effectiveness of marketing communications.
- Creating a wide range of different marketing materials.
- Maintaining effective internal communications to ensure that all relevant company functions are kept informed of marketing objectives.
- Analysing potential strategic partner relationships for company marketing.?
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Marketing
- Qualified chartered marketer
- 5+ years of experience in managing digital marketing teams with successful outcomes
- Knowledge of the travel industry would be considered an asset.
Our employee culture focuses on and rewards strong client orientation and teamwork while always delivering on commitments. We seek out potential employees who embody these values and look to work in a fun, challenging and professional environment.
We thank all applicants who apply, however only those under consideration will be contacted.