Director of Marketing & Communications
The Director of Marketing and Communications will be a guiding force and strategic catalyst behind innovative marketing and communications initiatives, objectives, and tactics in support of the CancerCare Manitoba Foundation. This role is focused on the development and execution of marketing and communication strategies designed to build brand awareness and maximize support for the Foundation.
This is a fast paced and challenging role that will allow you to be part of an organization that is committed to providing care and support for the Manitoba community.
- Develop messaging for brand awareness and identity.
- Help to design marketing that will support fundraising campaigns as well as identify emerging revenue opportunities and sources.
- Create and implement corporate communications and public relations.
- Manage relationships with external partners (i.e. media, agencies, etc.).
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal staff to build awareness, leverage announcements and promote participation in fundraising strategies.
- Develop and manage presentations that target donors and key stakeholders for raising awareness about the organization.
- Devise and execute a range of publications and marketing materials as well as manage the company’s website and social media channels.
- Provide marketing and communications support and direction to the Special Event Managers and the Director of Development.
- Negotiate and manage media buying (TV, radio, print).
- Post secondary education in marketing and communications.
- You have a minimum 5 years experience in marketing and communications.
- You are a strategic thinker and love coming up with creative and fresh ideas.
- You have proven ability to motivate teams and taking action that results in a high level of morale and accountability.
- You make it a priority to be aware of market conditions, competitive information and political factors as well as staying up-to-date on trends and projections.
- You have a history of building positive and effective relationships, both inside and outside an organization.
About the company:
CancerCare Manitoba Foundation is the only organization exclusively fundraising for CancerCare Manitoba. CancerCare Manitoba’s main aim is to eradicate a disease consisting of more than 150 types and stages. Since 2000, donors from every walk of life have given more than $65 million to the CancerCare Manitoba Foundation to help deliver the best research, patient care, treatment and support. They are proud to support CancerCare Manitoba’s internationally-recognized team of health professionals as they provide outstanding quality care for all Manitobans and their families living with cancer.