Director of Global Trade
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: (0016)
Job Location(s) 1818 Cornwall Ave Vancouver, British Columbia V6J 1C7 Canada
Founded in 1998 in beautiful Vancouver, BC lululemon athletica creates components to live long, healthy, and fun lives
The Director of Global Trade is a key position in the Supply Chain. The position will have five key areas of responsibility; global customs compliance, C-TPAT / PIP compliance, First Sale programs, trade policy and supporting international expansion.
The position will be responsible to ensure the continuity of product flow by assuring compliance with all relevant government agencies both inside and outside of North America. This individual will also work to build our long term strategy based on existing and future legislation that allows us to maximize our financial results.
This individual will lead internal and external resources in all areas related to trade compliance. He/she will monitor trade legislation and assess risk, communicate risks and develop/execute mitigation plans. This person will be highly networked in the industry with respect to trade organizations, lobbying groups, legal firms, etc. to ensure our interests are represented. The individual will be the subject matter expert on all areas related to trade compliance and partner closely with key departments in the organization such as Logistics, Distribution, Sourcing, Finance, Internal Audit and Legal.
- Develop and maintain international trade compliance policies, procedures, SOP’s and audit programs in accordance with governmental guidelines.
- Manage and build relationships with outside counsel and brokers. Partner with trade associations to stay abreast of key industry developments.
- Establish protocol for reasonable care, due diligence and record retention.
- Oversight of all classification activities to ensure compliance and maximize benefits.
- Manage and maintain our C-TPAT and PIP certifications.
- Lead corporate strategy for international trade covering compliance, risk management, cost and valuation. Develop requirements for new market entry.
- Develop robust metrics and systems to analyze and monitor compliance and spend.
- Manage global duty drawback programs.
- Identify any risks to compliance in both import and export areas such as valuation, classification, duty drawback etc.
- Partner with Sourcing to maximize global duty benefits based on country of origin and product classifications.
- Continue to seek opportunities to expand First Sale and free trade agreements, closely monitor and report on programs currently in place. Forecast and deliver targeted savings.
- Understanding of transfer pricing and relevant tax implications.
- Proven experience with international new market entry.
The Finer Print
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 7-10 yrs global trade experience with expertise in premium retailer
- Knowledge of international applicable laws, regulations, and policies.
- Ability to create and execute long term strategies
- Develop, interpret and implement customs policies and processes in a growing environment
- Knowledge with country of origin, valuation & invoicing requirements, duty reduction programs.
- Advanced knowledge of Supply Chain processes and procedures.
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses.