Director, E-Commerce Career Opportunity
The Dufresne Group is currently seeking a Director, E-Commerce within our Home Office located at 116 Nature Park Way in Winnipeg, MB.
As a Director, E-Commerce you will be responsible for the development, maintenance and profitable growth of TDG’s online retail business portfolio which includes Dufresne Furniture and Appliances, Ashley Furniture HomeStore and the Dufresne Retail Solutions Group member websites. As a key leader, this individual will serve as a critical change agent, developing the long-term vision for the E-commerce business while being hands on in the daily operations.
The Dufresne Group is committed to investing in our team members; we offer:
- Market competitive wages;
- Comprehensive benefits plan and excellent employee discounts;
- Employer Sponsored Retirement Savings Plan;
- Career growth and continuous development;
- Respectful and family-oriented working environment with strong company values.
Your main responsibilities are to:
- Develop a three-year strategic roadmap for the growth of the e-commerce business with full responsibility for the P&L of the entire online business unit.
- Develop, implement and maintain e-commerce solutions for TDG’s business portfolio
- Analyze, review, recommend and build strategic and tactical changes that drive business profitability by increasing visitors, improving conversion rates, capturing larger average order sizes and managing margin performance.
- Hands on involvement in day to day maintenance of the e-commerce sites including but not limited to adding/removing product images, ensuring pricing accuracy, communicating directly with customers, website testing and enhancing site functionality.
- Optimize the online, website and e-commerce experience to drive activation, engagement, acquisition, retention and advocacy of customers across all online touch points with continual refinement to improve conversion rates.
- Collaborate with marketing teams to develop and implement the company’s social, SEM and mobile strategies.
- Stay in tune and abreast of online and mobile technology, including regular industry benchmarking to ensure ongoing improvement and optimization of the online transaction.
- Manage and direct website technical structure, design & aesthetics, content, navigation, information architecture, branding/marketing, performance, and functionality efforts to positively impact e-commerce efforts and the customer experience on the web.
- Build and manage 3rd party supplier and agency relationships to ensure they deliver a superior product and service.
- Determine growth/optimization opportunities by performing and analyzing click through rates, conversion rates, and spend ROI analytics
- Coach, direct and manage the e-commerce team to ensure department and company goals are being achieved.
Successful candidates will have the following:
- 5 years+ experience in managing e-commerce platforms at the manager level with technical skills in e-commerce activities and all on-line marketing channels, financial principles and e-commerce market development.
- A degree or certificate in marketing, project management, internet marketing, management information systems or general management
- Proven track record of increasing sales and traffic to corporate/brand websites
- Strong background in website design and Internet marketing including experience in using web analytics and other tools to identify opportunities for improvement
- Entrepreneurial in nature with strong business acumen
- Experience with search strategies, search engine optimization tools and web development platforms.
- Passion for new and emerging technologies and an understanding of how they can be applied to benefit businesses
- Superior organization, project management skills, and attention to detail
- Strong leadership skills, with the proven ability to build and lead both internal and external teams
- Displays professionalism, strong work ethic, flexibility, and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Criminal Check required
We are one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies!
The Dufresne Group has created a strong reputation for great product assortments and providing home furnishing solutions to the Canadian consumer built on a foundation of service excellence. For 25 years Dufresne has continued to stand on our promise of “A Better Experience”.
With 23 stores in Alberta, Saskatchewan, Ontario and Manitoba, through our two brands, Dufresne Furniture and Appliances and Ashley Furniture HomeStores The Dufresne Group places a high value on respect and integrity with our guests, our team members and our suppliers. Passionately focused on our guests, hardworking and results oriented, we are proud to be one of “Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies” for over 10 years making us an elite member of the Platinum club.