Director of Channel Insights
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: (0013)
Job Location(s) 1818 Cornwall Ave Vancouver, British Columbia V6J 1C7 Canada
Director of Channel Insights
Founded in 1998 in beautiful Vancouver, BC lululemon athletica creates components to live long, healthy, and fun lives An integral part of the Global Strategy team, and reporting to Chief Strategy Officer, the Director, Channel Insights is responsible for generating analytic insights to support the development of lululemon’s global channel development strategy.
- Provide sound leadership and coaching cross functionally on geospatial analytic and strategic thinking, as well as the discipline of market planning.
- Define market opportunity across geographies and concepts from country down to the city and trade area level across channels.
- Collaborate with Retail Operations, Store Development, and Digital leadership to create market build out strategies to achieve full potential.
- Lead the development of initial market plans for international markets. Collaborate with International, Digital and Store Development teams to target & sequence geographic areas for market seeding and channel development.
- Design and conduct required research and analyses to support market development decision making (e.g. site analysis, sales modeling, cannibalization)
- Collaborate with Finance to develop financial scenarios, projections and allocate resources to ensure strategy implementation through the annual operating plan process.
The Finer Print
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Geography / Urban Planning or a related field
- Minimum of 8-10 years' directly relevant experience: market planning and strategy experience at global multi-unit retailer.
- Experience in developing and implements analytic tools to enable strategic decision making in the area of market development across physical and digital channels
- Strategic & Analytic Thinker: creates and implements analytic tools to enable strategic decision making in the area of market development across physical and digital channels.
- Enrollment: touch, move, and inspire others to see a possibility that otherwise would not exist.
- Straight Talk: communicates openly and authentically so that others can hear and take action.
- Agility: leads the organization with purpose and shifts quickly based on what is needed to achieve the purpose.
- Drive for Results: mobilizes people to achieve results with energy, drive and a need to finish.
- Collaboration: is in relationship, works with others to produce the best solutions and achieve results.
- Proven leader in managing across functional relationships; can both blend into the company’s corporate culture while at the same time acting as an agent of change for process and system improvement.
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses.