Director of Analytics and Insights
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Master's Degree
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: (1122)
Job Location(s) 1818 Cornwall Ave Vancouver, British Columbia V6J 1C7 Canada
director, analytics & insights
Founded in 1998 in beautiful Vancouver, BC lululemon athletica creates components to live longer, healthier more fun lives.
a day in the life of a Director, Analytics & Strategic Insights
- Leverage data and analytics to identify and develop innovative and out-the-box analytical solutions to support personalization strategies across customer cohorts, this may include targeting, segmentation, offer optimization, multi-channel contact cadence, messaging
- Owns execution and delivery of analytical projects and insights to internal; business partners and presenting to the leadership
- Supervises others projects, including project management, business problem solving, guidance on methodologies and quality assurance of results
- Provide metrics from campaign results into reports and dashboards that will be created to provide Brand and Digital teams, Omni channel and Leadership stakeholders with an understanding of how initiatives performed
- Coordinate with the Customer Insights CRM team to provide customer trend and insight reporting including analyzing the buying behavior within the new customer profiles, track brand overlap and migration, find and present trends that could impact and guide future marketing strategies, support senior management in specific ad hoc reporting analysis to explain trends in the overall business
- Lead a strong team of individuals to drive data-driven business decisions
- Work closely with Executive team to drive key business strategies through data and insights. Work closely with retail and ecomm GMs.
- Understand the key business drivers across digital and store, evaluate what worked, what didn’t and then predict future guest engagement and financial results.
- Work closely with FP&A team to build long term strategic plans.
- Leverage strong cross functional relationships to influence key business decisions to deliver the financial plan.
The finer print
- MBA required
- 3+ years’ experience within corporate strategy and consulting; including expertise in retail data analytics for global retailer
- Hands on experience of building data analytics/ reporting frameworks. eComm and omni-channel experience preferred
- Demonstrate superior leadership to the broader business
- Executive presence and communication – Strong people management and communication skills (both oral and presentation)
- Strong problem structuring and solving skills – including data structuring, quantitative reasoning and implication development
- Extremely strong business acumen to understand and aggregate data into critical few insights
- Capability to visually build stories around data to get easy buy-in from executive teams. Consulting background preferred
- Building and leading high power team guiding them in the analytical process and solution development and integration with personalization plans, as well merchandising strategies and decisions
- Fluent in translation high-level business goals into technical specs and communicating low-level technical concerns about implementation back to business leaders
*Comprehensive benefits package including extended medical, dental, disability, & RRSP matching and performance based bonus available. We offer a competitive salary based on experience and support in relocation costs for qualified candidates not residing in Vancouver. The employee is eligible for performance based salary increases & bonuses.