Director, Digital Strategies Office of the Chief of Staff
Reporting to the Chief of Staff, the Director of Digital Strategy will manage the University’s digital properties including, but not limited to website and social media.
The Director of Digital Strategy will be responsible for:
- Establishing and implementing a digital strategy for Laurentian University
- Designing new user / student experiences and business models
- Championing digital business transformation across the organization, incorporating digital approaches into existing business models
- Being the Chief digital brand ambassador for Laurentian University
- Ensuring digital platform and strategy innovation, moving toward mass personalization at scale
- Ensuring the continual development of the University’s web and social media strategies
- Maximizing the user experience design and content delivery, accuracy and efficiency of intranet, extranet and institutional websites;
- Fostering online engagement of prospective students, current students and alumni; be responsive to changes in technology,
- Overseeing the continual development of Laurentian’s online strategy and stakeholder needs;
- Directing the strategy of social media initiatives through multiple channels.
- Leveraging resources from multiple departments
The Director of Digital Strategy will be a collaborative partner in ensuring migration of content, based in house and from external sources, to maximize information in a timely fashion. The successful candidate will ensure the website is a powerful recruitment tool, an accurate and user-friendly information source, and an engaging destination for visitors.
The Director will perform the following duties:
- Ensure the website is a reflection of the University’s brand;
- Work collaboratively with IT, Marketing and Communications to ensure consistent and up to date content;
- Manage the University’s online reputation through engaging in Social Media channels;
- Ensure support, improvement and evolution of the website to maximize user interactivity and enhance recruitment efforts;
- Develop a robust mobile app for the university
- Work with the registrar’s office to increase the effectiveness of a student portal.
- Enhance University promotional efforts through online advertising campaigns;
- Make use of social media and web analytics to enhance and report on all site metrics;
- Follow web governance guidelines;
- Select staff, ensure training and orientation, supervise and assign work, schedule hours of work, review employee performance and grant salary increases; understand and effectively administer the LU/LUSU Collective Agreement, and effectively handle the Complaint Step of the Grievance Procedure; Effectively and prudently manage and administer the Digital Strategy Department budget.
- Looking for an agile, big thinker who can identify opportunities ahead of trends and lead in a highly competitive space
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in managing online properties in an organizational setting
- Must demonstrate proficiency or working knowledge of: SEO, SEM, PPC and Web marketing, CRM and Social CRM concepts, lead generation and retention, organic searches, SEO, web business intelligence.
- Degree in a related field
- Knowledge of the University community and University life
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects under deadlines
- Experience in producing promotional material in audio, video and web formats
- Ability to work and manage content development in both official languages, French and English