The WestJet Director of Digital is charged with championing the company’s digital efforts and ensuring that the company’s digital offerings and expertise are effectively leveraged to fulfill the corporate strategic objectives of increased direct revenue and cost reduction.
The incumbent will play a key role in the development and enhancement all digital and mobile offerings and will manage day to day operation and optimization of these products.
This role will partner with senior members across the organization to develop and recommend insight-driven, integrated digital strategies based on detailed evaluation of business environment including customer needs, user behavior, host system capabilities, and competitive realities.
This is a key strategic leadership role, reporting to the Vice President of Marketing. The incumbent will also have dotted line responsibility to the Vice President, WestJet Vacations to support this line of business.
- Serve as the company thought leader and evangelist for digital and mobile platforms
- Partner with key stakeholders across the organization and partner suppliers to understand business strategy and incorporate business needs into the overall Web strategy
- Develop digital and mobile strategies for WestJet and WestJet Vacations including the identification of potential value creating opportunities, development of detailed business cases and documenting business requirements to implement the strategy
- Lead the prioritization effort for digital development and the deployment of development releases
- Provide business leadership for design and usability of all digital and mobile storefronts
- Manage the day to day operations of digital products including the deployment of content, campaigns and communications
- Develop, lead and mentor digital team members
- Establish and maintain a measurement model that supports design and functionality decisions, channel performance, and self-serve functionality
- Stay current with digital marketing, social media, mobile and emerging media trends and best practices
- Good relationship and team management skills
- Creative and innovative thinking
- Solid drive for results
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong analytical and business case development
- Confident, passionate and enthusiastic attitude
- Solid leadership and mentoring
Qualifications & Experience
- Role requires 8-10 years digital business experience with solid experience in a retail driven organization
- Strong understanding of digital trends, marketing, operations and industry related issues
- Demonstrated results in digital strategy development in a multi-stakeholder environment
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline, preferably Commerce or Marketing. A Masters degree will be considered an asset.
- Proven experience in strategic planning, budgeting and finance; experience in low cost environment an asset.
- Proven track record in successful execution of complex, cross-functional initiatives
- Experience should include increasing leadership responsibilities culminating in either a senior manager or director level position.
- Solid understand technology and leverage capability for new purposes. Experience in Siebel is an asset
- Strong background in defining and implementing new processes and initiatives including achieving positive ‘buy-in’ from all groups involved.
- Able to travel as required (10%)
Curious about what WestJet has to offer?
- Our Employee Share Purchase Plan – Have you heard about being a WestJet Owner? Over 80% of WestJetters are not just employees but WestJet Owners. Our employees have the option of investing up to 20% of their gross salary into WestJet stock and it’s matched dollar for dollar!
- Profit Share – All WestJetters celebrate their success together and are rewarded for all their hard work in making us one of the most profitable airlines in the world! By the way, we celebrate our success not just once, but twice a year!
- Benefits: Flex Benefit plan
- A competitive base salary