Requisition #: 8769
Available Positions: 1
Branch: Education - Communications
Posting Close Date: 2015-10-07
Classification: MG 04
Days Off: Saturday/Sunday
% of Travel: 10%
“Success for Each Learner"
Our vision is for all Yukon people to possess a desire for and appreciation of lifelong learning, a strong commitment to their communities and the knowledge and skills required to live meaningful, productive and rewarding lives
The Director of Community Relations and Engagement is responsible for implementing processes that are anticipatory and strategic that help the department detect and respond appropriately to emerging trends in the socio-political environment. This position is responsible for developing, leading and directing the provision of a full range of issue and communications management functions and services for the department including social marketing and branding. The position provides advice, guidance and support to the Deputy Minister, senior management, managers and supervisors. The incumbent is a key member of the Executive Management Team (EMT) and is responsible for developing and implementing departmental policies and programs.
We require an innovative individual who demonstrates exceptional leadership skills, professionalism, and team building skills to represent, facilitate and manage the Communications unit. Through strong communication, effective team management, coordination and interpersonal skills, you will flourish with a team that is committed to providing a high quality of service to its clients.
At the Department of Education we strive to meet the needs for work-life balance, learning opportunities, and career development. If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, we would love to hear from you!
Please submit your resume clearly demonstrating how you meet the following qualifications. Please note selection for further consideration will be based solely on the information you provide in your resume.
- Degree in journalism, marketing, public relations or other related subject matter;
- Considerable experience at a senior level in communications, journalism, public relations, marketing or related field;
- Experience leading and managing a branch or team;
- Considerable experience designing and developing public information materials;
- Experience developing department communication plans, department yearly objectives/plans, corporate policies, programs and strategies;
- Experience in developing and implementation of social marketing and branding strategies, tactics and integrated programs would be an asset.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Suitability:
Candidates should have and may be assessed on:
- Ability to work under critical and irregular deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to anticipate trends, respond effectively to challenging events and to stakeholder expectations
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Strong leadership, management and team building skills
- Skilled in conflict resolution and negotiation
- Ability to build effective working relationships with department staff, inter-government staff, media and external stakeholders
Eligibility List: 12 months
"Committed to Employment Equity"