At Rogers we’re for supporting you on a journey to a rewarding career. Whether you’re a developer, an analyst, or a customer care consultant, Rogers is the place where ideas become reality. We embrace change, and find ways to do better. And we deliver on that commitment by fostering an environment of passion and innovation for all people.
Director of Business Development, Content Services, reports to the Senior Director of Business Development and is part of the Media Business Unit (MBU). The position will work closely with the Content Solutions, Sales, Content Operation teams and other groups within the digital content and publishing organization to deliver growth in content services.
What you will be doing:
Custom Content Business Development
- Work with sales and content solutions to secure new custom content contracts
- Lead the promotion of custom content services to key prospects
- Develop presentations and proposals to secure custom content clients
- Respond to relevant custom content RFP’s
- Develop business strategy to grow custom content business
- Develop and implement client service offering for existing and new customers ie. QBR’s, reporting, etc.
- Work with finance and content solutions team to develop appropriate project budgets and pricing
- Work with brand and sales to develop trade marketing strategy and plan
- Present custom content offering to senior prospects and clients
- Achieve revenue and margin budgets for new custom business
Content Syndication and Licensing
- Identify prospects and new business for content syndication and licensing
- Develop, implement and execute business strategy to grow content syndication and licensing business
- Work with digital sales, product, and operations to implement syndication and licensing arrangements
- Collaborate with various teams to implement business rules ie. traffic and revenue reporting
- Manage existing content syndication and licensing partners
What you have:
- University or College Degree in Business and/or Marketing
- 8-10 year’s work experience, specifically in sales and or marketing combined with ability to work cross functionally with internal stakeholders
- Experience selling client direct to consumer packaged goods and/or retail businesses
- Strong knowledge of content particularly digital content
- Comfortable presenting and interacting with senior executives
- Demonstrated ability to use data to build and form insights
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to lead, influence and work effectively within a complex matrix business environment
- An effective and collaborative leader with the demonstrated ability to impact and influence across various functions and groups to achieve business results
- Able to lead others and communicate in a way that is consistent with Rogers’ core values, driving high engagement and productivity
As a proud Canadian company, we're dedicated to making things easier for our customers. We’ve been embracing and leading change for over 50-years, and we’ll continue to seek out new opportunities to bring our customers simple solutions for today and tomorrow.
We recognize that success is determined by the strength and diversity of our people. We work together because we want to win together, and these five shared values guide and define our work:
- Simplify and innovate
- Take ownership of the what and the how
- Equip people to succeed
- Execute with discipline and pride
- Talk straight, build trust, and over deliver
Why Rogers? Because your tomorrow inspires our today.
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered.
We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You can also reach out to our team at RogersRecruiting@rci.rogers.com to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.