About Iron Mountain:
Iron Mountain enables 94% of the Fortune 1000 to smartly and securely manage their physical and digital information assets. With unmatched innovation and collaboration, our teams create information management solutions for our customers’ data, no matter what format, location or lifecycle stage it’s in and no matter where it’s kept. We are more than 17,000 people strong and growing. We’ve been a trusted records management leader since 1951.
Iron Mountain is an equal opportunity employer, and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity characteristics or expression, disability, medical condition, U.S. Military or veteran status or other legally protected classifications in making employment decisions.
Iron Mountain Canada is an employer broadly committed to providing an inclusive work environment that welcomes all people. Globally, we believe it is our diversity that contributes to our companies’ shared success. We work hard always to avoid discriminating on any grounds other than capability to perform the requirements of the job.
- Ability to lead a sales team consisting of both hunters and farmers to grow and protect the existing business respectively.
- Provide insightful coaching that drives behavior adoption and employee satisfaction, account retention and revenue growth.
- In addition to leading the direct business development team, this position must also independently create opportunities through networking, upselling and cross-selling customers, and other prospecting methods.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of Iron Mountain’s offerings, technologies, industry trends and best practices.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the Canadian Public Sector trends as they relate to records management, information governance, and compliance. Versed in Presidential Directives that directly impact agency information management decisions.
- Versed in the National Archives and Administration’s offerings, rate schedules, strength / weaknesses.
- Work closely with internal subject matter experts for the various products (DMS, DM, Shred,) and extended teams, such as, lobbyists and consultants to develop strategies that will create sales opportunities.
- Successfully drive efforts to ensure collaborative Strategic Account Planning and Strategic Opportunity planning.
- Maintain up to date and accurate forecasts and pipelines within SFDC.
- Consistently meet with direct team members to review specific opportunities, individual key performance indicators, forecasts, pipeline, challenges, etc.
- Attend industry association meetings (e.g. AFCEA, AIIM, ARMA, DGI, 930Gov) to expand IRM brand in the marketplace.
- Driving, managing, and executing the business and revenue plans for Canada, developing, coaching, and training sales staff.
- Analyzing regional market dynamics in an effort to maximize existing successes, and creating new sales growth opportunities.
- Educating teams on significant industry factors including competitive products, regulations, trends, customer needs, and pricing.
- Preparing forecasts, territory/industry management, and growth plans.
- Establishing and reporting on metrics to measure team performance; correcting deficiencies where necessary.
- Supporting quotation and proposal efforts to partners, prospects, and customers.
- Serving as contact for large enterprise clients and leading sales actions to close large deals when necessary.
- Ensuring that the sales plan is aligned with and supports the corporate revenue goal.
- Recruiting, hiring, and training staff members; fostering a successful and positive team environment.
- Proven track record leading high performance sales teams with Canadian public sector experience, with experience across Federal, provincial, municipal, healthcare and higher education. Minimum 5 years managing a Canadian Sales team
- Documented track record leading teams in maintaining and growing a multi-million M+ portfolio of accounts.
- Extensive experience using the various solicitation applications used by government (MERX, etc)
- Exceptional communication skills required to navigate through a sales process that includes legal, compliance, financial and operational complexities.
- Must be a skilled motivator with demonstrated ability to coach and develop sales staff to exceed targeted sales objectives and deliver high quality service to customers.
- Strong interpersonal, planning and analytical skills.
- Ability to influence and negotiate.
- Ability to make decisions and think in broad terms, considering the impact to the entire company.
- Must have a proven ability to manage both direct and indirect employees in a matrixed organization.
- Ability to team effectively at all levels of Iron Mountain and customer personnel (to include C-level) on a wide range of topics and issues.
- Top Secret clearance desired, clearable acceptable.
- Excellent management and communication skills (written and verbal) with an ability to interact effectively with C-level executives and senior managers.
- Must be a skilled leader with a demonstrated ability to collaborate with and manage partners and customers in public sector
- BA required
- Canadian Public Sector sales experience is a MUST
- Sales leadership in the Information Management industry is a plus.
- French/English bilingual preferable
It is the responsibility of every Iron Mountain employee:
to comply with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, and company policies
to exhibit ethical behavior in accordance with our Code of Ethics and Business Conduct
to complete required training within the allotted time frame