Director, Branding & Corporate Communications contract
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Company Name: Business Development Bank of Canada (http://www.bdc.ca)
Category: Communications, Design
Every day, you help entrepreneurs grow their business by partnering with a solid team. Beyond numbers and business performance, you help people meet their goals and achieve their dreams. At BDC, we support you in that role.
- Work with the Vice President, Corporate Relations and other members of the senior management team in developing a corporate business communications strategy for advertising, sponsorships, corporate events and branding to meet both BDC’s short and long-term objectives
- Ensure strong BDC brand awareness internally and externally by implementing a broad encompassing branding strategy and overseeing its consistent application throughout BDC
- Lead the development and implementation of specific outreach strategies designed to enhance BDC’s reputation, image and credibility with key stakeholders
- Develop and implement national and local advertising campaigns and work closely with field management to develop regional advertising plans and provide support to maximize visibility and return
- Manage the overall sponsorship program of the Bank to maximize our return on investment both from a business and mandate perspectives.
- Provide overall management of BDC corporate events such as Small Business Week and the Young Entrepreneur Awards events
- Oversee the management of local events of a corporate nature (branch anniversaries, openings, etc.) and of departmental events (HO Breakfasts, President’s reception, etc.).
- Develop the “investment in the community” strategy and criteria for our charitable/ philanthropic actions and establish supporting activities throughout the Bank
- Provide overall management of the corporate community sponsorship programs to maximize the visibility in the communities where BDC is present
- Provide overall management of the ongoing administration of BDC’s promotional items in an efficient, consistent and a cost effective manner by establishing customer service and administrative standards
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or a related field
- At least 15 years experience working in a communications position
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in the government and/or financial sector
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong expertise in brand management and advertising
- Excellent communication skills
- Leadership skills and good teamwork
- Strategic thinker
- Excellent knowledge of French and English (written and spoken)
Equal Opportunity Employer
At BDC, we value diversity in our workforce and encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We appreciate all responses and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
This job has expired or been closed by the employer, please visit our home page