Job ID: 205847
Closing Date: 2015/06/01
Posting Type: Internal / External
Business Unit/Section: Animal & Bylaw Services/Strategic Services
Location: 2201 Portland Street SE
Union/Position: CUPE Local 38/Temporary (up to two years).
Compensation: Pay Grade 10. $34.91 - 38.40 - 40.32 - 42.33 - 44.45 - 46.67 per hour
Hours of Work: This position works a standard 35 hour work week.
Business Unit Information
Animal & Bylaw Services is the business unit that ensures all residents of our community live side by side safely, respectful and considerate of each other's needs and rights. Our responsible pet ownership programs are recognized as the standard-setters for other such programs in Canada.
This position is responsible for providing advice and guidance on the creation and presentation of web and social media content. The successful applicant maintains the standards and best practices for web, including usability, accessibility, measurement and user interface in order to achieve consistency for The City’s overall web presence. Primary duties include:
- Investigate and review digital options, then test, document and deploy solutions while ensuring the corporate web standards and guidelines are adhered to.
- Develop and execute projects to create and foster best practice for The City’s web presence.
- Provide advice, support and guidance to communicators regarding web standards and best practices.
- Build and maintain photograph and video library; develop audio visuals to support communications strategies and plans.
- Ensure compliance with corporate and international standards (For example: World Wide Web Consortium).
- Serve as a representative on digital special projects and committees as designated.
- Provide communications and media relations support as required under the guidance of a senior communicator.
The successful applicant must possess one of the following combinations of related education and related experience in web development and governance environment:
- A completed two year diploma in Communications, Computer Science, Multimedia or related plus five years of related experience; OR
- Degree in Communications, Marketing, Business Administration or related plus three years of related experience.
A strong understanding of web content management and social media tools is required. Experience writing for a variety of mediums is essential. Previous media relations experience is an asset. Success in this position requires well developed communication and problem solving skills, as well as the ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
- Only education obtained from an accredited institution will be recognized as meeting the minimum qualifications.