Reporting to the VP, Academic Solutions, this position is Prairies based and will play a critical role in ensuring Nelson’s success as a leading provider of digital educational solutions. The mandate is to ensure accelerated digital sales growth and digital adopter satisfaction.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
Priority 1: Drive Sales and Exceptional Customer Experience
- Drive sales revenue of technology based products by actively selling to targeted adoptions and key accounts in collaboration with sales reps.
- Develop and execute sales strategies in conjunction with your VP, Director, as well as local RSMs and Sales Reps. These strategies should clearly define your role in identifying, supporting, advancing and closing digital sales within your region.
- Manage and report on top digital sales targets for your region that include AAA product rollouts, priority opportunities, key existing customers and strategically important institutions.
- Deliver product demonstrations, committee presentations, workshops and discipline events
- Ensure deployment of digital solutions is simple, seamless and error free for customers.
- Provide exceptional pre and post-sale service and training to customers. These service and training sessions are designed to drive customer satisfaction and digital activations by students.
- Develop, enhance and deliver programs that support digital sales (e.g. CoursePilots, CourseCare, Technical Power Users, etc.).
Priority 2: Drive Digital Training for Sales Reps
- Drive digital training initiatives to ensure Sales Reps become proficient in demonstrating and selling technology.
- Digital training initiatives include formal off campus training programs, such as Tech Mastery and new Rep Training, as well as on campus coaching and mentoring.
- Be a role model and reinforce solutions selling sales skills
- Leverage Cengage Rep training best practices
Priority 3: Drive Digital Innovation
- Gather and disseminate market intelligence in order to create a competitive sales advantage or else to inform digital product development.
- Liaise with Cengage technology counterparts to remain abreast of internal and third party technology product development. Keep Nelson ahead of the curve on upcoming product launches, software updates, etc.
- Work with Editorial to provide product development feedback and input from the customer.
- Analyse market trends and make recommendations in regards to appropriate partners and e-business opportunities within the e-Learning space.
- Support all major innovative division-wide projects that support the movement from a print to digital business model.
- University Degree
- Prairies-based position
- Creative problem solver, energetic, organized, eye for details and outstanding oral and written communication skills
- A passion for learning new technologies and training others.
- Self starter with the capacity to identify new business opportunities and the analytical ability to create plans and to realize them
- Ability to manage multiple projects and objectives quickly, efficiently and effectively are essential
- Accomplished presenter and facilitator of large group presentations
- Overnight travel required (travel peaks during high selling seasons)