We’re seeking a talented thinker with great initiative, a good understanding of the big picture with the ability to break it down, into 140 words or less if need be, in a quirky/fun way that drives engagement and interest. Make connections, and we’re not just talking about friends and followers. Our ideal person for the job sees the opportunity for great content in any photo, written word or even, conversation. Working closely with the creative and web directors, we want you to take all the rich content we create in-house and wrap it into a well-thought out strategy that is beautifully executed on every digital platform. We want you to get involved in our media relationships and see how you can squeeze digital real-estate out of our print publishers. Track & measure results, create reports about the fantastic work you’re doing and all the opportunities of how we can make it even better.
What you’ll do when you walk into work with a spring in your step:
- Write about everything outdoor design, hardscaping. From summer must-haves & trends to how to build a retaining wall.(Don’t worry, you don’t need to know anything about landscaping, you’re very well surrounded by people that more than love to talk about it and share their knowledge.)
- Manage social media platforms. We’re on houzz, pinterest, youtube, facebook,Instagram & twitter. Our audiences vary from platform to platform and you’ll quickly learn who they are and what they fancy.
- Take the market’s pulse. Your reports will identify the market trends, tell us what kind of messaging is working and what’s not, to help the marketing department understand the audience better, what makes them tick and how to sweet talk.
- Track results. What’s an acceptable CPM for our publishers to be charging us? Did we pay too much for that media partner’s email blast? If ROIs are your best friend, then you are ours.
- SEO. Why did the SEO lose all his friends? He was Anti-social. If you got it, we like you already. If you think Pandas are cute, cuddly and not scary. Keep reading.
- Google Analytics makes you look like the world’s best interrogator: you know how to manipulate it to get the answers you need.
What you need:
- University degree
- 2+ years working in a digital strategist position
- Google analytics certification & other tools to measure web activity performance
- Excellent understanding of at least one social monitoring software
- English 100% written & spoken, French min. 80% written but 100% spoken
- How to be a good-natured human being with an awesome sense of humor (if one liners are your gift, we NEED to talk to you.)
- An analytical mind
- A sense of what looks good, what doesn’t, and how to make it look better. (Pretty call to actions are our favorite.)
- How to follow projects, stay on top of them and follow up.
Compensation and benefits:
- Leading the charge, and having unparalleled influence in a creatively-rich startup-style environment;
- A dynamic, stable career-path;
- Good group insurance, wages and benefits;
- Good-looking performance bonus.
- The ability to be a rising star in a company that values smart people with initiative.