Christian Children's Fund of Canada creates a future of hope for children, families, and communities by helping them develop the skills and resources to overcome poverty and pursue justice. For more than 50 years, we have followed the example of Christ by serving the poor regardless of their faith, cultural, and ethnic background. Headquartered in Markham, Ontario Canada, Christian Children's Fund of Canada (CCFC) currently have thousands of children receiving sponsorship and we are involved in child centered community programs through 8 country offices in Africa, South America and South-East Asia.
Digital & Social Media Specialist Overview: CCFC is looking for a seasoned digital and social media specialist with the passion to execute CCFC digital marketing strategy and web brand.
The right candidate for this position will be a self-starter who supports the vision and values of CCFC. Is energetic, innovative and results oriented prolific writer with technical expertise. Must have experience in all aspects of social media marketing communication, project management in virtual interactive environments with ability to communicate across cultures.
The successful candidate will be responsible for a variety of digital content including:
e-newsletters, community and website updates as required to support the organization’s fundraising objectives while providing avenues for supporter feedback. The Digital & Social Media Specialist will also support our cross-functional teams in Canada and in our country offices on a variety of online marketing and communication activities.
Scope of the Position: The Digital and Social Media Specialist is accountable for overall day-to-day management of the digital and social media presence of CCFC and for achieving results, meeting all CCFC content and brand standards while mitigating known risks through:
- Working closely with the Director of Marketing and Manager for Interactive Marketing; the successful applicant will also work with cross-functional teams in the organization to develop and execute a winning digital content & engagement strategy.
- Staying informed on innovations and best practices as they relate to online fundraising and marketing.
- Collaborating with marketing & communications and major gift teams maximize video and multimedia content. Develop innovative content that works on multiple platforms.
- Work closely with teams to create content for the CCFC website and social media platforms with the dual goals of 'bringing visitors back' to the website on a regular basis and to support the growth of interactive revenue.
- Write ‘must-click’ headlines and craft compelling content. Have a good sense of content that appeals to a defined CCFC target audience within the child centred international development space.
- Work with the teams to maximize internet traffic, explore new avenues and analyse statistics on web traffic.
- Research and publish appropriate content across relevant blog and social media interest groups. Manage and moderate CCFC’s social media presence on media such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
- Analyze and communicate results from online and social media marketing campaigns. Provide insightful analysis and recommendations to key stakeholders.
- Update corporate website as required (adding and removing content) to support strategic plans and fundraising goals.
- Work with field office staff in Country offices and in Markham to gather/coordinate content for website, eNewsletters and Social Media; edit and write web copy. Act as advocate and subject matter expert.
- Ensure CCFC is compliance with legal and ethical standards of CRA, CMA, PIPEDA, CCS, and Imagine Canada Ethical Fundraising Code.
- Create, edit & enhance design (e.g. updating images, etc).
The successful applicant must have 3-5 plus years of experience and include, but are not limited to the following:
- Online marketing experience.
- Digital media/online fundraising experience (SEO, hands-on social media experience (audience development, social media marketing tools, best practices).
- Campaign analysis experience (digital/social media marketing metrics and tools).
- Proficient computer skills including social media applications and aptitude to learn new applications quickly.
Candidate must also demonstrate the following attributes:
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and drive for results.
- Self-starter, team player and works well with cross-functional teams.
- Savvy with latest in digital and social media, and have the heart for Web 2.0.
- Passion to engage donors and sponsors.
- Creative and eager to learn about child centred organizations.
- Strong marketing and brand communication skills.
- The successful candidate will have a minimum of a college diploma in a related field; a post graduate qualification in marketing communication and social media is an added advantage.