Digital Production Technician full-time
Quintaro Imaging is a leading Canadian art manufacturing company that collaborates with designers to produce site specific artwork and wall décor for the hospitality, healthcare and corporate markets across North America.
We take great pride in the craftsmanship of our work, and in providing leading edge products that are of the highest quality. We are constantly redeveloping our product line to provide relevant, well-crafted and exceptional graphics to a discerning clientele. As a Quintaro employee, you will play a vital role in shaping the future of our company.
We specialize in:
Unique Site-Specific and Wall Decor Graphics on materials including acrylic, glass, metal and tile / Large Format and Giclee Art Reproductions / Backlit Products / Interior and Exterior Signage / Retail & Permanent Exhibits / Tradeshow Exhibits
Quintaro is currently recruiting for a full time Digital Production Technician to join the team in our digital department to assist in file preparation and printer operation.
This is an opportunity to:
- Work in a creative environment with a dedicated team of professionals whose goal is to produce leading edge products of the highest quality
- Prepare client files, assess potential problems, color correct and file set-up as required
- Ensure files are prepared to the highest standard possible
- Ensure that images and other graphic elements are suitable for high-quality production
- Ensure production moves in a timely and efficient manner, and all deadlines are met
- Ensure that all files are stored/archived properly
- Work closely with production staff to understand production capabilities and maintain production efficiencies
- Make all requested changes/corrections promptly and correctly
- Assist in the development of project timelines
The days and hours of work for this position are Monday through Friday, 8:30am to 5:00pm; some overtime hours may be required
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
As a Quintaro team member, you will offer an enthusiastic desire to learn our processes, thrive in a team environment and have outstanding interpersonal skills. The candidate needs to be used to working in a fast-paced environment and knows how to get things done within a give timeline.
Required Skills include:
- Experience in digital printing
- Knowledge of Photoshop and Illustrator
- Attention to detail and ability to learn on the job
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- A love of technology and willingness to problem-solve in that area
- Web knowledge would be considered an asset
- Design and layout knowledge would be an asset (**Please note: this is not a design position)
- Capability to trouble-shoot and fix internal IT issues and maintain our server would be an asset
- Knowledge in finishing including dry-mounting & laminating would be an asset
- Some heavy lifting required