Modern Tribe's products team is looking for a digital marketing strategist ready to flex their marketing muscles in a remote team environment. If strategic planning for software products is your jam and you’re based in North America, let’s talk.
You’ll know this is the right role for you if you thrive on creative thinking, long-range strategic planning, campaign development, market growth initiatives, team management, and design-forward execution. In this role, you’ll be responsible for leading marketing efforts for our portfolio of WordPress plugins downloaded by millions of users across the globe.
You will submerse yourself into identifying who our customers are and how we can best reach them. Beware though, they are a pretty diverse, eccentric and creative people. ;)
To be transparent, this is NOT a Digital Strategy or Sales role. We have Digital Strategists that you will be working with to develop and execute a comprehensive long-term plan with our marketing team. This gig is focused on marketing: strategic leadership, organization, and management within our cross-functional teams. Also, we’re a WordPress agency so you should have run some projects with the platform.
Your primary responsibility is to develop and execute the strategic marketing plan for our products portfolio. Working alongside a project manager, you will be responsible for:
Specific tasks this will include:
- Customer persona/journey mapping
- Defining market growth objectives and identifying new opportunities
- Overall marketing strategy plan, timeline, and resourcing
- Full-scale online marketing planning, management, and execution
- Identify and measure KPIs for each marketing project
- People leadership to deliver on-time, on-budget, and with a happy team
- New product launch planning and promotions
- Integrated marketing campaigns across common channels including SEO, SEM, email marketing, video distribution, social engagement, etc.
- Competitive research, analysis, and recommendations for website improvements
- Analysis, insight, and reporting for marketing initiatives and website results
- Strong communication and/or experience working as part of a remote team
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, strong organizational skills, with a methodical approach to all tasks
- Ability to prioritize workloads and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight
- Fluent English speaker
Knowledge + Experience
- Min 5 years digital marketing experience, with at least 2 years experience marketing digital products
- Experience directing the marketing of several successful new digital product launches.
- Prior experience working in a strategic marketing role
- Experience leading people, especially developers and designers.
- Advanced marketing skills in the areas of: segmentation, positioning, brand strategy, product strategy, and value proposition
- Strong business acumen – ability to understand how to pair marketing with branding initiatives and sales growth objectives
- Design training
- Intimate familiarity with the WordPress community
- Proficiency in Google Analytics, eCommerce platforms, PPC & paid social, and SEO
- Experience marketing to International digital software users
- MySQL query writing for custom reports
- Experience with the freemium model
We love working with each other because we have built a culture that suits us well. We work with a mix of freelancers and traditional employees, and coordinate their talents for large projects.
Pay + Perks
The strategist role at Modern Tribe is a full-time job (35+ hours/weekly). Full time salary between $70,000 - $90,000 USD. We may consider a contract role for this gig as well.
Work from home, or a coworking space, or join a small crew in the Minneapolis office. We are entirely location independent (North American hours required).
Modern Tribe has been shaped as a lifestyle company: we exist to provide our team members with work that supports the lifestyles they want to see. We offer consistency in expectations, payment, support and a flexible work schedule. We believe in learning from each other and fostering personal growth. You can expect to learn a lot while working with us.
You also get to come on our awesome annual team trips.