Are you passionate about our destination, our community, and our visitors?
Do you take pride in building and optimizing digital experiences which delight users and achieve business objectives?
Is collaboration one of your personal values?
If so, Destination Vancouver’s Manager, Digital Platforms role could be the right match for you.This position is ideal for an ‘innovator” who seeks continual improvement, takes initiative and is a great communicator who can use these strengths to influence visitors and grow our visitor economy.
The Manager, Digital Platforms plays an integral role in supporting the thousands of visitors to our destination on behalf of Destination Vancouver and our member businesses. Responsible for facilitating trip planning and helping to create memorable experiences in destination, this position is critical to Destination Vancouver’s vision to be the global leader in destination management and visitor experiences.
Providing platforms which enable visitors and customers to research, plan and enjoy their stay in Vancouver, improving the experience across multiple touchpoints and channels, the Manager, Digital Platforms serves Destination Vancouver’s members and the community by inspiring potential visitors to choose Vancouver and increasing the economic benefits generated.
- Develop new digital platforms to entice potential visitors by showcasing Vancouver and improving the digital customer experience, in accordance with the digital roadmap and budget.
- Establish and monitor metrics and key performance indicators across all web and digital properties.
- Continual analysis of digital metrics to identify opportunities to improve the digital visitor experience and maximize the ROI from web and digital properties.
- Share actionable insights from digital properties, channels, and audiences with the marketing team to enable campaign optimization and effective content strategies.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Project manages the development of Destination Vancouver’s websites and digital tools on the Digital Visitor Experience project roadmap.
- Ongoing management of digital properties, including UI design and CMS use for updates and content management.
- Leads digital performance reporting, analysis and insights and provides bi-weekly and monthly executive level reporting. Includes SEO performance, KPIs and engagement metrics.
- Oversees ongoing Conversion Rate Optimization to improve the performance of Destination Vancouver’s website and digital properties, and visitor digital experience and engagement.
- Leads, co-ordinates and oversees supplier relationships on digital development projects to achieve the desired results and meet the required objectives within the project timelines and budget. Capitalizes on opportunities from new functionality or products.
- Oversees Search Engine Optimization (SEO), completes audits of performance, development of an SEO strategy and ongoing tactical execution to increase performance and reach goals.
- Project manages the set-up and ongoing maintenance of a Customer Data Platform (CDP), including user identity resolution, and use of 1P and paid media data to optimize paid media campaigns.
- Reviews email marketing and CRM activities, and updates email marketing and CRM strategies and ongoing tactics.
- Develops and provides ongoing management of web and mobile push notifications strategy, and ongoing tactics.
- Liaises with the DataHub group including management of audience use and sharing. Project manage integration with other platforms as required. Quarterly reviews of DataHub results with the Manager of Consumer Marketing to optimize campaigns.
- Manages Destination Vancouver’s Vancouver Specialist Program (VSP) platform.
- Leads and coaches the Digital Analyst and provides feedback for development.
Who are we?
Destination Vancouver is one of the world’s most dynamic destination management organizations, delivering on a mandate of destination development and promotion that positions Vancouver as a must visit global destination.
Our purpose is to transform our communities and our visitors through the power of travel. This underpins everything we do and how we communicate with potential clients, engage with partners, and support our 800+ members.
Destination Vancouver has a fabulous product and a powerful brand. Our success is measured through the triple bottom line approach of an equal emphasis on people, planet and prosperity. And as a private, not-for-profit business association, our continued relevancy is based on supporting our industry, responsibly and sustainably managing the destination, and building a competitive global destination brand.
What do we offer?
This role is based in Destination Vancouver’s corporate office with sweeping views of the North Shore mountains and proximity to transit and downtown amenities.
Destination Vancouver provides a competitive total rewards program including competitive base salary, annual recognition program, extended healthcare benefits including health spending and personal spending account, Go Green Program, matching group RRSP program, generous paid time off, training and development opportunities, a flexible/hybrid work environment, tourism industry perks and more!
Destination Vancouver believes in and provides a diverse, equitable, and inclusive work environment.
What are we looking for?
You love where you live, work and play. You are highly curious, driven by connecting with others and achieving meaningful results through collaboration. You thrive in finding new ways to do things and to share new ideas and experiences through your abilities as a skilled communicator. You are a dynamic and fun Team Member, and you are passionate about Vancouver!
- Proven experience in website and digital platform development, leadership ability with a minimum 5 years of experience in a similar leadership role.
- Positive, innovative, and entrepreneurial outlook, driven by results; strong strategic orientation and committed to service excellence.
- Proven project management skills; detail oriented and ability to multitask; able to meet deadlines.
- Strong understanding of digital analytics, tracking and reporting tools. Possesses the technical knowledge to configure and manage Google Analytics 4 properties and Google Tag Manager.
- Knowledge of SEM and Demand Side Platforms, and email marketing software.
- Deep knowledge of content management systems.
- Strong understanding of SEO best practices and experienced using Google Search Console and SEO software (e.g. SEMRush, Moz, Ahrefs or similar).
- Familiar with consumer privacy regulations (FOIPPA, GDPR, CCPA), requirements, and implications on marketing.
- Experience with managing digital content, including text, images, videos, and graphics.
- Excellent communication skills including written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Proven track record in motivating teams to excel and drive business; superior team building and leadership skills.
- Knowledge of PHP, Python and SQL preferred.
- Post-secondary education in digital marketing, digital analytics, business and/or equivalent experience.
- Education and/or experience in project management including agile project management preferred.
Perfect your job application with VisualCV so you can get hired faster!