This is a permanent full-time position working thirty-five (35) hours per week within the Strategic Communications Branch of the Communications, Stakeholder, Indigenous and Rural Relations Department. This position is within the CUPE 1505 Bargaining Unit. This position is located in the community of Fort McMurray, the Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo’s urban centre.
Under general supervision, the Digital Media Specialist is responsible for the municipality’s digital media, which includes the external website and may include the intranet and/or other online tools. The incumbent improves the effectiveness, reach and appeal of the municipality’s online communications by working with internal clients and vendors to meet strategic goals.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Manage all aspects of the website, intranet and/or other online tools as assigned (e.g., photo libraries or newsletter platforms).
o Implement and manage all workflows relating to the website and online tools.
o Work with vendors and co-workers to implement, maintain and revise online tools.
o Act as the primary liaison with related vendors and IT to procure online tools.
o Monitor website performance and usage using analytics and key performance indicators; recommend/implement changes where appropriate.
- Assist with planning and implementing digital media strategies for communication and stakeholder engagement plans.
- Contribute to the organization’s social media strategy and presence.
- Collaborate with co-workers regarding social media management and digital communications campaigns.
- Remain current with industry trends and practices and make recommendations for change as appropriate.
- Assist co-workers with branch initiatives and projects as required.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Degree in Computing Science, Multimedia or another related field is required.
- Three (3) years of dedicated web design and development experience within the last five (5) years is required.
- Experience to include building and maintaining strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Public sector experience and experience working with photography and graphic design are assets.
You will possess the following:
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Ability to multitask and manage competing priorities.
- Ability to set goals and meet targets independently.
- Ability to determine solutions by listening and asking the right questions.
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
$43.54 (Start Rate)
$51.16 (Permanent Rate)
*Permanent rate effective after twelve (12) months of employment.
**All CUPE job rates are currently under review and subject to change.
In addition to the rate of pay, we offer other attractive incentives:
-an extensive employer paid benefits plan
-an additional annual payment of $12,480 which represents a cost of living allowance