Digital Community Specialist contract
Reporting to the Communications Manager, you will support Osum’s corporate communications by fostering community in the digital space. Your role will include social monitoring, content development, and working with the Communications Team to conduct influencer outreach and stakeholder engagement in a variety of owned, earned and paid channels.
This is an amazing opportunity for a professional communicator who is passionate about social technology - someone who understands why the power of communities has never been more relevant to brands. You will pose questions, host discussions, generate content, guide collaboration, develop insights and build a platform for robust interaction with our stakeholders - ensuring that all of this is done to an extremely high standard of corporate communication, within parameters that will at times be rigorous given the complex legal and regulated nature of our business.
This is a contract position that may develop into a permanent position with the Company.
We’d like to talk with you if:
- You demonstrate in-depth knowledge of digital channels, metrics, tools, and strategies.
- You are extremely prolific and skilled at content creation.
- You have your own blog and an active presence on several of: Twitter, Facebook, Flickr, LinkedIn, Quora, SlideShare, StockTwits, etc.
- You demonstrate a high degree of tact, diplomacy, judgment and discretion.
- You are forbearing, patient, and skilled at listening to understand.
- You are passionate about nurturing community and delighting stakeholders.
- You thrive by creating shared meaning within complex dialogues.
- You have your finger on the pulse of tools like HootSuite, Sysomos, Facebook Pages, Pay Per Click, Google Analytics, Wordpress.org, and emerging platforms.
- Constantly monitor and analyze online stakeholder conversations using a listening platform to understand topics, volume and sentiment.
- Manage a range of social technologies and tools to build community, create transparent interaction and enhance the depth, reach and impact of Osum’s stakeholder communication.
- Deliver actionable community insights to the Communications Team through deep community engagement.
- Identify and nurture influential brand advocates for the Communications Team to build online and offline relationships with.
- Support the Company’s Crisis Communications function in the social channel.
- Create loads and loads (and loads and loads and loads) of content.
- At least 3 years experience in an agency or 5 years in corporate communications, with recent relevant experience highly focused within the social sphere.
- A university degree in political science, communications, marketing, philosophy, anthropology, psychology, or something else that gives you a unique perspective and a point of view with respect to your work.
- Strong content development and writing skills. (And the ability to write on tight deadlines).
- Empathy, tact, and diplomacy.
- Proven project management and communications planning skills.
- Knowledge of the in situ oil sands business, including regulatory and environmental, health and safety, Geoscience, etc. would be an asset.