Digital Communications Specialist, Edmonton NAHQ-150000S9
My Career. My Company. My Legacy.
At PCL, you are more than just an employee. You could be part of a team that works hard, plays hard, and makes a difference in your community. PCL offers competitive compensation packages, and a chance to be an owner in our 100-percent employee-owned company. We not only reward you financially, but give you challenging assignments and a supportive work environment which promotes personal and professional growth.
Whether you are looking for a corporate or construction career, exciting opportunities are waiting for you. Our people have helped us stand out as a leading general contracting organization, which is why we’re always looking for new talent—individuals who can bring innovative solutions and thinking to every project.
We are seeking an experienced Digital Communications Specialist for a one year leave coverage, for our North American Headquarters District office located in Edmonton, Alberta.
You are a passionate advocate of enterprise content management and will analyze user data to support an evolving web strategy and demonstrate business value to senior leadership. You recognize the impact that metadata, taxonomy, and sound publishing processes have on user experience, and you are a champion of effective governance policies for enterprise content management solutions.
- Raise awareness of critical content and key messages within the organization by leveraging various types of media, page layouts, and communication tactics, with PCL.com and PCL Connects as the primary delivery platforms
- Consult with internal clients to develop solutions for their online communication needs
- Collaborate with PCL’s technical teams to meet the needs of internal clients and to develop enhancements that will improve the overall functionality and user experience of PCL Connects and PCL.com
- Advocate for enterprise content management
- Analyze user data to support an evolving web strategy and demonstrate business value to senior leadership
- Create exceptional user experiences by effectively leveraging metadata, taxonomy and sound publishing processes
- Champion the effective oversight of PCL Connects, including the creation of a governance body and related policies
- A minimum of five years in business communications with a degree or diploma in public relations, journalism, marketing, or a related field.
- Formal education in a program related to web communications will be considered an asset
- A minimum of two years of experience in communications directly related to the web
- Previous experience working on a website rebuild would be a strong asset
- Exceptional consultative and customer service skills
- Strong project management, business analysis, and web strategy skills
- Proven ability to write for the web
- A creative flare for structuring and packaging web-based communications in a way that enhances the user experience and drives user acceptance
- A theoretical understanding of information architecture, metadata, taxonomy, and governance for enterprise content management solutions
- An eye for effective graphic design and page layout
- Capabilities in all general Microsoft Office products
- Experience in the use of Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 would be considered a strong asset
- Familiarity with SharePoint analytics and Google analytics would be considered an asset
The PCL family of companies are consistently ranked among the best companies to work for, and we aspire to be the most respected builder, renowned for excellence, leadership, and unsurpassed value.
Let us help you build your Legacy today.