As an integral member of Gibsons’ Communications department, the Digital Communications Analyst is responsible for assisting in the day-to-day operations of Gibsons’ external website, intranet and other internal and external web properties, as well as assisting with the company’s social media. The position also supports incident communications and the department’s news monitoring function.
- Responsible for assisting with the content update on Gibsons’ external website and intranet.
- Assist with large-scale projects with cross-functional teams to update internal and external websites, including basic design and content development.
- Provide assistance with web projects based on best practices and current trends in web-based communications.
- Maintain close, collaborative working relationships with Information Services (IS) and other business groups, to identify, develop and secure approvals for web content.
- Assist with the company’s social media strategy and outreach, including analysis of social media content
- Support online news monitoring.
- Provide support during incident responses, focusing on social media.
- Work with external vendors, budgets and timelines.
- Assist with other projects as needed.
KEY COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Excellent (oral and written) communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong critical thinking skills, including ability to identify business/market trends and connections.
- Customer-focused and able to work in a fast-paced environment, manage priorities and meet tight deadlines quickly and effectively.
- Organized, detail-oriented and a resourceful problem solver with the ability to formulate and execute plans efficiently and effectively.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or related field.
- 2-4 years of experience in communications, with experience in digital communications.
- Solid project management skills.
- Experience in working within a complex, publicly-held, North American company. Energy industry experience a plus.
- Strong computer skills with a good understanding of web content management systems. Knowledge of SharePoint, HTML, page-layout design and web best practices is a plus.