Digital Campaign Leader
Reliable sources estimate that people consume nearly 1,000 marketing messages per day. That feels about right, when you consider it’s nearly impossible to check your email, watch a video, or read a tweet without seeing a marketing offer. For a select few - maybe you - this scenario is an opportunity - not a barrier. You believe you were put on this Earth to combine great strategy with great marketing to create content that breaks through. Your content helps people be more successful in their jobs - and drives honest to goodness leads for sales.
Now - how does the idea of leading a team that creates B2B marketing content so helpful, clients would consider paying for it? That’s how good Softchoice wants to be. As our next Digital Campaign Leader, you’ll help us realize this vision.
Softchoice is one of the largest technology solution providers in North America. Every day, we help clients choose the right technology solutions to drive their business outcomes. As Supervisor, Content Marketing at Softchoice, you’re responsible for leading the team that creates qualified sales leads for these solutions through great IT B2B marketing. This is a role-up-the-sleeves opportunity. While leading the content marketing team, you’ll personally work hand-in-hand with the Microsoft product marketing team to build demand generation campaigns for some of the most exciting tech in IT - Office 365, Azure, and EMS to name a few.
You’ll know you’re successful in this role when the content you and your team creates, engages and attracts new and existing clients to do more business with Softchoice. You’ll know you’re really successful in the role when our sales team is knocking down your door, demanding you do more great work!
We’re looking for someone who:
- Was put on Earth to do content marketing, and is able to provide great examples of this divine assignment
- Is recognized as a servant leader by peers
- Thrives in - and creates - a positive team environment (Read: lone wolves need not apply)
- Has a strong command of digital and social marketing best practices, and has a strong, established personal brand. (Note: We'll be Googling you!)
- Knows what MQLs, SQLs and SALs are - and why they’re important
- Has proven experience building demand-generation and integrated marketing campaigns for niche buying audiences (Hint: we’re in B2B IT)
- Has a great sense of humor (and knows how to use it)
- Takes their work seriously, and doesn’t take themselves seriously
Some of the more formal job responsibilities:
Marketing acumen: You’re a subject matter expert with email, direct, social and content-based marketing strategies and tactics
Team performance management: You’ll facilitate team coaching, performance reviews and best-practice sharing with your team
Creative brief: You begin every major activity defining the scope of work, and requirements are outlined and align to Softchoice best practices
Testing: You love to test ideas, and know how to bake in enough time for things like A/B testing emails and landing pages
Editorial and Writing: Proven savvy with writing awesome marketing content - including ebooks, webinars, emails, landing pages, tweets, etc.
Buyer personas: For all major campaign activities, you drive the creation of buyer personas, and create content that delivers on what they want and need
Softchoice brand governance: Maintain and promote appropriate applications and usage of the Softchoice brand across all the work you do
As our ideal candidate, you’ll also have:
- 2-4 years experience in an agency or client-side marketing department
- 1-2 years of coaching, mentoring and/or leading a team
- Solid SEO/SEM skills – with several adword/remarketing case studies to your name
- Personally developed and executed integrated marketing campaigns with a strong social media component that delivered measurable leads to sales
- Hands-on experience writing and editing across a range of formats – from long-form journalism and white papers to blog posts, email, social shares, etc.
- Experience managing an external bench of writing and design resources
- Knowledge or experience within the IT industry is a definite nice to have
Need more convincing that Softchoice is your next best workplace? Here are 10 reasons why our folks love working here:
- Clients and vendor partners love us (and we love them)
- We use the latest and greatest technology at work to do work
- Our dog-friendly environment (85 canine employees and growing…)
- Every employee gets two paid volunteer days per year
- We have a free onsite gym in our Toronto HQ
- Our monthly company-wide beer cart and annual company-wide Launch event (all 1,200 of us under one roof - it’s amazing!)
- We’ve raised over $1.5 Million through our staff-run charity Softchoice Cares
- We have a comprehensive benefits package
- 1 in 5 employees have invested in an ownership position in Softchoice
- We’re committed to helping each other learn and grow
Because of the interest in this role we’re already seeing in this role, we’ll only be able to respond to the best candidates for follow up. Thanks in advance for your interest!
Softchoice is one of the largest technology solution providers in North America! We are an influential, growth-oriented organization determined to enable our people, our clients, our partners and the communities we serve to realize their potential. Our unique culture fosters a friendly, open-minded workplace where employees are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work. As a member of a dynamic, high-performing team, each Softchoice employee is hungry to learn, valued for their contribution, and approaches each day excited to make an impact.
Note: Completion of a satisfactory criminal record check, education verification and reference checks are required prior to employment.