This position is a great entry-level copywriting and data entry/admin role for an on-site 4 - 6 week contract in Oct/Nov at our downtown Vancouver - Yaletown office, www.venturemedia.com.
Are you fantastic at data entry with solid writing chops and love being "in the know" about the best Black Friday specials? Are you addicted to great discounts? If so, this is a great opportunity for you because our team is all about finding the biggest Black Friday holiday specials and publishing them to our customers – and all this in a super-successful local tech company. Earn some great pre-holiday cash, and merge your love of shopping, with a great working experience, and apply now!
The project is called www.blackfriday.com.
What is the Timeframe?
We have different shifts available ranging from days, evenings to overnights, averaging approximately 40 hours per week. As the shopping season peaks in November, overtime hours are possible.
The start date for these opportunities are Monday, October 19 or Monday, November 2, 2015 and the contract will last until November 27th, 2015.
What are the Responsibilities?
- Enter sale information for various merchants into our Content Management System (CMS).
- Write short articles for use on email, web and mobile platforms.
- Search product information on the Internet.
- Upload the latest ad scans and promotion flyers.
- Monitor email inboxes and forward emails to the correct stakeholder.
- Proof read all data entry and rectify any discrepancies.
- Manage incoming contacts from vendors and/or end users and provide an exceptional experience and support to all users in an open concept customer service centre environment (email CS predominantly with little to no phone CS).
What do I need to have to be ready for this opportunity?
- Minimum 50 WPM with a high degree of alpha and numeric accuracy.
- 1+ years data entry experience with a great track record and a positive, energetic personality
- Solid writing skills with an understanding about "voice" and rockstar grammar skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office suite and extensive experience using the Internet.
- Strong communication skills especially internally with team leads and colleagues (e.g.. keeping staff up to date on your priorities, current tasks and work completed).
- Ability to operate with minimal supervision and with direction from multiple leads.
- Ability to maintain a sense of urgency and adaptability, working fast and accurately in a fun environment that is under pressure, and deadline-driven.
- Flexibility to work evenings, week-ends and in some cases, overnights; overtime may be required
- Bonus points for retail experience, especially in the sale of electronics.
- A passion for online shopping is a desirable.
- You live in commutable distance to our Yaletown office as this position is based on-site.
- You have great flexibility with your schedule. We are offering 40 hours of work each week for the duration of the contract - so juggling with another job without flexibility is tricky.
- You are able to work days, evenings and overnights (this doesn't mean you will be working all three types of shifts).