Reporting to Associate Director, Market Knowledge Centre, the Data Analyst assists with the support and analysis of Manitoba Liquor & Lotteries business and product data. This includes reporting on and maintaining the integrity of the data. This position examines exiting customer and business data and helps make sense of it so other areas in the corporation can make more informed decisions.
- Collect, maintain, organize, filter, interpret and analyze data from both internal and external sources.
- Assist the Senior Data Analyst in performing analytical functions, including promotional analysis, report development and activity reporting.
- Answer inquiries by running queries against information on databases and providing relevant information to various internal departments as required.
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders regarding integrity of the data, exception reporting, routine data clean-up and analyses reporting.
- Assist in enhancing/maintaining information in databases which contain data required to support various external initiatives, promotions, and loyalty programs.
- Help with the creation of customer lists to effectively target promotions of new or existing products or services.
- Assist in the protection of the integrity of customer data and information.
- Assist the Senior Data Analyst to conduct sales analyses, projections and report on internal Manitoba Liquor & Lotteries data as required.
- Assist in identifying and reporting data trends.
- Assist in other research initiatives as required, particularly those with an analytical component.
- Completion of a post-secondary education in a related field such as Business, Statistics, Computer Science, or Mathematics, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience conducting data analysis in a business setting.
- Formal training/experience in the use of query and database management tools, with an emphasis on reporting and data extraction techniques.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to synthesize information from numerous sources.
- Superior communication skills (both interpersonal and written).
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint) and information management.