You are a great storyteller who uses 2D Animation to bring stories, moments, images and the essence of life to our screens. Skilled in character animation, short stories and art direction, a 30-second ad video is one of your specialties as only a talented few can capture the arc of a story through visuals and sound in precious few seconds.
This 30-second clip will be seen by over 55 million viewers - at least that is how many people clicked on our www.blackfriday.com page last year! Blackfriday.com is one of the projects incubated by our company, Venture Media Labs (www.venturemedia.com) as well as www.canvus.com and more.
A contract suits you best for approximately 2-3 weeks and you are available now - thank goodness! Ideally you are able to work on-site as this is collaborative but we are open to some remote as well.
What will you be doing?
- Comfortably wield your expert abilities in graphics, animation, compositing software utilizing the software of your choice such as: After Effects, Flash, Cel Action, and Harmony
- Collaborate with our storyboard artist and other designers to build a 30-second ad short
- Not content to just animate movement, you will flex your skills with smooth transitions between scenes animating characters and backgrounds into well-timed stories
- Utilize skills in drawing and illustration with tools such as Photoshop and Illustrator
- Interpret scripts and storyboards
- Edit video and sound including selecting appropriate licensed music tracks
What are the minimum requirements?
- Completed 2D animation certification and/or degree
- An awesome portfolio showing animated stories and examples of character movement
- Available 40 hours a week for approximately 2-3 weeks
- Live in commutable distance to Yaletown, downtown Vancouver
- Bonus if you have already produced 30-second shorts for advertisement on the internet
- Link to your portfolio
- Resume and cover letter
Where will you be creating this short?
We are ideally looking to collaborate together with you on-site at our Yaletown offices in downtown Vancouver. We have a fun place to work with a lot of perks such as a gym, organic snacks and more. We also have some flexibility for remote work.Good luck and thanks!
We really appreciate all applications and if you’re selected for an interview, we will be contacting you.