Newcap Radio - Alberta - has an immediate opening for a Creative Writer at our location in West Edmonton Mall. We are looking for a talented individual … with a passion for radio and advertising … to join our provincial Creative Services team! Three years of experience with radio copywriting is preferred but we will give consideration to rising stars with the ability to demonstrate their tremendous potential.
The Alberta Creative Services Department is the source for radio creative for 27 stations in 20 markets. We are client focused with an ongoing goal to provide meaningful and memorable messages that deliver results to all of Newcap’s provincial clients. This is your opportunity to work with an unparalleled team of sixteen creative writers and producers who are setting the new standard for radio advertising.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Contributing ideas, passion, and a positive attitude to the team environment
- Writing commercials, sponsorship tags and spec spots
- Participating in/contributing to brainstorming sessions
- Connecting and communicating in ways that utilize the latest technology
- Execute client needs analysis meetings
- Voicing realistic and dynamic performances
- Wide Orbit data entry
- Related experience/education
- Strong writing skills … with a flair for creativity!
- Ability to adapt writing style to varying target audiences and content formats
- Comfortable in fast paced environment and able to switch gears and participate in several different projects simultaneously
- Thorough attention to detail
- Meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Demonstrate integrity and professionalism
If you can walk the right brain/left brain tightrope … and perform that oh-so-tricky balancing act between “corporate” and “creative” … we want to hear from you!!
Newcap Radio is one of Canada’s fastest growing broadcast companies. We offer an excellent benefits package, stock option plan plus opportunities for growth.
Deadline for submissions: September 9th