Aporia is a fully integrated record label and music publisher, administering both master recordings and composition rights. We have been in business for fifteen years, and have been licensing music to television productions from the very beginning.
As Head of Synchronization, you are responsible for developing new business for Aporia’s repertoire in the film, television and advertising industries. This is a creative sales and customer service role, with a focus on understanding customer needs.
- Establish, develop and maintain business relationships with current and prospective customers in the North American film, television and advertising industries to generate new business for Aporia’s repertoire.
- Liaise with the synchronization and creative departments of Aporia’s sub-publishers to develop our overseas business.
- Research information on upcoming projects and production schedules from film and television studios, advertising agencies, trailer houses and independent music supervisors to identify the most promising sales prospects.
- Conduct music searches for customers to determine the most appropriate music to present from Aporia’s catalogue for various projects.
- Negotiate fees and terms with customers to create licensing agreements that are fair to both parties.
- Supply management with oral and written reports on customer briefs, song pitches, competitive activities, and potential for new licensing products and services, to ensure that market demand is well understood throughout the company.
- Collaborate with Aporia’s artists and repertoire (A&R) and marketing departments to create integrated marketing, promotion and sales initiatives.
- Organize performances for Aporia artists at film and television studios, agencies and other 3rd party venues to showcase talent for potential customers.
- Travel quarterly to Los Angeles, New York and Chicago to meet with existing and prospective clients.
- A minimum of three years of relevant work experience with a record label, music publisher, film/television production company, advertising agency or music supervisor.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain new customer/client relationships.
- Must be results-oriented and able to work both independently and within a small team environment.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be proficient with Apple Mac computers and Microsoft Office applications.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and passport.