Supervised by the Studio and Production Supervisor, the Creative Strategist will support the Studio and Production Supervisor by helping to establish the University Advancement studio as a recognized and sought-out source of conceptual, creative and visual excellence in marketing and communications (mar-comm), university-wide. The Creative Strategist will also support the Director of Marketing and the Marketing Communications strategic team, as required, by attending planning meetings for the institution and its internal clients.
- In support of the institution’s sustainability priorities, identify and explore opportunities to transition Mar-Comm from print-dominance to a more even balance of online (websites, social media) and print applications
- Work with the studio team to develop an open environment of mutual support and collaboration in order to steadily enhance the quality of UA mar-comm concepts, creative thinking and design on an ongoing basis. Work with the Director of Marketing to extend same to wider mar-comm team
- Work with the mar-comm strategic team to persuasively articulate – to key stakeholders, notably internal clients, administrative leaders and external suppliers – the value of creative concepts and executions in effective marketing and communications
- Provide creative input to the UA leadership team, on request, in the planning of major institutional projects.
- Maintain strict accountability for meeting the requirements (quality standards, timelines, follow-up as required) of projects, small and large, assigned directly to the Creative Strategist by the Studio and Production Supervisor
- 4 – 6 years workplace experience in developing concepts and design, with responsibility for comprehensive “A to Z” projects. Post-secondary experience a definite asset
- Experience in website creative development and online mar-comm applications
- Strong team player with a collaborative working style
- Ability to confidently engage with diverse audiences – from colleagues to clients to senior administration – to explain and clarify the importance of creative thinking in effective marketing and communications.
- Ability to effectively present ‘first draft’ creative concepts and be comfortable with responding to and applying feedback in subsequent drafts
- Ability to generate polished, current and engaging graphic design solutions for a wide variety of small to large projects assigned to self, and consistently meet deadlines and follow-up requirements on all – without exception
A portfolio of work samples may be requested
Salary: $2,435.38 semi-monthly
Closing Date: January 2, 2013