Alberta Blue Cross has an immediate opening for a talented, energetic, team-oriented, hard-working and competent individual to join our extremely busy Corporate Communications department as a corporate graphic design specialist. The Alberta Blue Cross Corporate Communications department develops and delivers timely, effective and cost-efficient internal and external communications to support our business units, our employees, our corporate initiatives, as well as sponsorships and community engagement. Team members are quality-minded and responsive, are dedicated to providing timely service and hold themselves accountable for high levels of performance. The Alberta Blue Cross Corporate Communications department is committed to communications best practices and has earned numerous awards for its quality work.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Graphic design specialists are responsible for the design and production of a variety of communication materials with a strong focus on printed material for both internal and external audiences. This work may include presentations, one page communications, advertising and marketing campaigns, special events, brochures, newsletters, reports, forms and a variety of other projects. This position works closely with other team members, as well as our procurement department, corporate services (shipping and mailroom) and external vendors, as required, to ensure projects are completed to our standards and on time. He or she must be able to work under tight deadlines and changing priorities while satisfying client expectations, carrying several projects at once and may occasionally be required to work extended hours to meet deadlines.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in graphic design or visual communications.
- Minimum of three years graphic design experience in a corporate environment.
- Ability to effectively multitask and work under pressure while maintaining a high attention to detail.
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of print processes.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal communication skills.
- A high level of professionalism and resourcefulness.
- Service oriented.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud (Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Bridge), Acrobat 10, Microsoft Word and PowerPoint in a PC environment.
- Membership in GDC an asset.
- Proficiency in web processes and software is also an asset.
Alberta Blue Cross offers a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work in a challenging team-oriented environment. We are recognized as one of Alberta’s Top Employers. If you have the qualifications we are looking for, please submit your resume and links to web sites or online portfolio (if available) and salary expectations to us. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is selected.