Copywriter Position for the Black Friday Network
The Black Friday Network is a powerful alliance of ecommerce and informational websites. Every year, the Network reaches millions of consumers who are looking for the latest deals, ads and updates on the most popular shopping day in the US.
We are gearing up for the busy Black Friday season and require a part-time copywriter to help produce content for the 13 websites in our holiday shopping network. Working closely with our creative and sales teams, you will write various types of content including articles and updates, blog posts, and email newsletters.
This position is on-site only, and we have a great downtown office in the heart of beautiful Vancouver with breathtaking views of the harbour and mountains. In the coming months we will also be moving to a hip new joint in Yaletown! You'll be working with a great group of people in a fun, fast-paced environment.
What are the Requirements?
- 1-2 years experience writing online content. We give bonus points to those who have previous experience writing marketing content, especially email marketing content.
- Ability to write in multiple “voices” as each website has a different tone.
- Ability to produce consistently engaging and high quality copy quickly and under pressure. You understand deadlines and can meet or exceed them every time.
- A flexible schedule. The hours can vary so you must be willing to work both day and night shifts with greater frequency towards the end of November.
- Creativity and innovation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Background in communications, English or journalism.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Knowledge of US grammar/styles.
- An interest in shopping and finding great deals. Knowledge of Black Friday is an asset.
What is Beneficial to Have?
- Experience working with Wordpress.
- Experience working in HTML
How to apply
- Prep the write-up below (once you finish filling out your resume and personal details on the application, your application process will open up a browser with questions)
- On that same browser page where you inputed your deal sample, we require THREE relevant samples from your portfolio as well.
We really appreciate all applications and if you’re selected for an interview, we will be in touch.
We want you to show us your style with a short writing sample. Please take a look at the home page of the website BlackFriday.com (http://blackfriday.com) to familiarize yourself with the tone. Prepare a 125-175 word post titled “Shopping Strategies for Black Friday 2011”. This should take you no longer than 30 minutes.