You’re passionate and excited about the opportunity to join a rapidly growing and distinctive business? You’re looking for an opportunity to be part of a driven team of professionals about to take a Canadian company public? You’ve gained demonstrable experience with a strong track record of success? If your answers are all yes, this position is for you.
We are a young company, offering tons of experience and responsibility as we work towards our ambitious goals. We’re looking for a highly intelligent self-starter with a positive “get it done” attitude just itching for a chance to show what you can do. We are seeking a Copywriter who is a strategic thinker with a talent for conveying compelling stories, has a good sense of humor, and uses language creatively and freely. You must be able to distill a complex message into concise text, which is both fun to read, and easily accessible to a wide audience. Flexibility to write across platforms is also key.
- Conceptualize, write, and edit engaging content for a variety of platforms including web and mobile, as well as longer-form content, press releases, emails, newsletter and advertising material
- Gather internal information through effective communication with senior management and product and marketing teams and translate into effective copy
- Explain financial content to a non-financial audience in a compelling way
- Establish and execute standards for brand voice and tone
- Provide insightful perspective on trends, innovations, and competitive landscape to assist in creating marketing campaigns
- Assist with internal communications and work in conjunction with communications manager and HR
- 3+ years of writing experience for a consumer brand or brand-oriented agency, as well as digital media experience
- Self-motivated, with the ability to lead projects
- Ability to comprehend and communicate financial concepts simply
- Innately curious and creative, with a desire to embrace a steep learning curve
- A unique and personal writing style
- Uncanny ability to ‘nail it’ on the first take