Responsible for creating brand-appropriate and compelling marketing communications, both internal and external. Promotes our brands, consistent with target customer, meeting business objectives and user goals.
- Writes highly effective and targeted internal and external communications in French and English, demonstrating high creativity.
- Adapts all internal marketing communications from English to French.
- Collaborates with the Marketing Team to determine the conceptual and copy direction of branding and advertising initiatives and collaboratively develops the editorial content for the website.
- Ensures that all creative, editorial and product copy promotes branding to achieve sales objectives.
- Interacts with Merchandising Teams and advises them regarding content related issues.
- Collaborates with Merchandising Teams to develop appropriate product names and seasonal color names.
- Works with Graphic Designers to ensure copy tone and style are consistent with visual tone and style.
- Writes and edits web-based and digital content for Laura Canada's websites.
- Proofreads and edits the communications of other team members.
2. People Management
- Maintains a performing team through ongoing coaching and deals with under performing staff in a timely manner utilizing the Company's resources.
- Resolves employee issues in a timely manner.
- Delegates responsibilities to team members to stimulate growth.
- Manages the Performance Management cycle by conducting Annual Appraisals, 3 Month Appraisals and the Mid-Year Reviews in a timely manner.
- Recruits and selects the best people utilizing all Company recruitment tools and resources.
- Ensures all new hires receive and sign off on Laura Canada's orientation packages.
- Ensures all staff is aware of and understands all Company Policies such as Loss Prevention and Human Resources policy manuals.
- Adheres to all new and existing Company policies and procedures (i.e. Loss Prevention, Health & Safety and Human Resources).
- Bachelor's degree in communications/journalism or any other pertinent related field
- 5 years experience as a copywriter, preferably in retail
- Understanding of fashion industry an asset
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of InDesign, Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Exceptional writing skills, including the ability to write in a range of voices and styles for varied projects and diverse audiences.
- Superior knowledge of grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Solid organizational skills
- Good interpersonal skills
Working Conditions and Environment
- This position is a full-time position.
- Works in a sitting/walking/standing position.
This job has expired or been closed by the employer, please visit our home page