What you’ll do…
Reporting to the Design Manager at FGL Sports, the Copywriter will solely focus on developing copy assets to support various content deliverables for FGL Sports. Working closely with other members of the Content Team, the copywriter will develop both short form (headline) and long-form/technical writing for a number of creative deliverables, including (but not limited to) social media posts, videos, radio, out of home, website copy, digital banner ads, print guides, and other needs as defined by the business. The successful candidate will ensure our brand is being properly represented in the creative and technical writing being developed in order to inspire Canadians to live healthy and active lives.
- Proficient in both creative copywriting as well long-format, technical writing. This includes developing copy for video scripts, radio scripts, headlines (for print, digital assets), out of home copy, website copy, guide / catalogue writing, and in-store POP.
- In partnership with designers and video editors, develop creative concepts to support various deliverables, and see through completion/development
- Ensure the Sport Chek brand is being properly reflected and represented at all times
- Work closely with other internal departments to better understand key product stories/information as well store services
- Work with external suppliers in the production of assets when required.
- Must demonstrate a solid understanding of various social media platforms and channels
- Participate in special projects for marketing, as required
What you bring…
- 3-5 years of related work experience
- Experience in writing and producing video and/or radio assets
- Experience in working for or with external agencies and production suppliers
- Ability to effectively present concepts and ideas in written and verbal format, and have excellent presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork capabilities, ability to develop strong trust-based relationships, and the confidence to take the lead and guide other departments when necessary
- Ability to analyze and pro-actively solve problems
- Highly organized, focused with strong attention to detail
- Strong initiative, time management, and project management skills
Why join us…
We bring the world’s most talented, creative and athletic people to FGL Sports and provide them with opportunities to help them achieve their ‘better’. We foster continuous learning, look for ways to inject fun into the culture and implement people program solutions that drive business results. Whether it’s recruiting, reinventing the field or connecting with employees, we are industry leaders, always on the lookout for top talent.
We believe that staying active and healthy and giving back to your community make you better at your job and make life more fulfilling. Here, you can build your career around your passions both professionally and personally and connect to a wide network of colleagues, teams and communities committed to inspiring and encouraging others to be their best. Bring your skills, experience and enthusiasm to us and enjoy benefits such as an on-site gym and personal trainer, fitness programs/intramurals, on-site day care & equipment service shop, and an employee purchase program. We are looking for people who want to build an organization they can be proud of, with growth opportunities befitting a brand that is entrepreneurial, innovative and highly competitive. We believe in helping our employees in their quest for more productive, healthy and meaningful lives.