Do you have a passion to make a difference?
Are you looking for a career that directly impacts the community you live in?
Do you want to help enrich the lives of those living with or at risk of Diabetes?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then consider a career with Canadian Diabetes Association (CDA). Current statistics reveal that 3.1 million people in Canada are currently living with diabetes. The healthcare costs of this disease are staggering - $13.1 billion in 2013 alone – and diabetes rates are expected to increase.
In response, CDA is active in more than 150 Canadian communities and supports people living with diabetes through research, advocacy, education and services. The organization employs over 800 people and is supported by more than 21,000 volunteers. Our mission is to lead the fight against diabetes by helping people with diabetes live healthy lives while we work to find a cure.
About the Coordinator, Community Engagement Role:
The Coordinator, Community Engagement is a 9 month contract position.
Some of the highlights of the Coordinator, Community Engagement Include:
- Achieve Community Engagement goals, objectives and benchmarks for each key community based engagement program that falls within your region and scope.
- Lead in the recruitment, training, support and stewardship of a strong volunteer team to assist in the effective execution of community based activities.
- In conjunction with the Manager, Mission Funding, steward fundraising relationships across the region.
- Implement regional Community Engagement strategies consistent with the National Community Giving strategy to grow Lace-up for Diabetes, 3rd Party Events, Service Clubs, Workplace Giving, Employee Engagement, CDA-branded events and Residential Campaign.
- Fully understand all Community Engagement strategies and follow the established roles, responsibilities and processes of National Office, area staff, local committees and partner organizations.
- Work with the Regional Director Manager, Mission Funding to implement a regional business plan to achieve regional revenue and targets for signature programs and events as developed by the National Community Giving team.
- Work with the Regional Director Manager, Mission Funding and National Community Giving teams to identify and execute regional media strategies and coordinated marketing campaigns for signature programs.
- Provide ongoing verbal and written activity reports as well as any other report or evaluation template required to be completed.
- Ensure that CDA marketing materials and collateral, as applicable, is fully displayed at all events and marketing opportunities staffed by you or volunteers.
The selected candidate for this Coordinator, Community Engagement role will meet the following minimum requirements:
- Post-secondary degree or certificate in related or relevant field.
- 2-3 years not-for-profit sector experience, preferably in fundraising or Community Engagement
- Experience with recruiting and managing volunteers
- Computer proficiency, preferably including experience with social media
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Ability to plan events, providing superior service to participants, volunteers, sponsors and other key stakeholders.
- Strong promotional, marketing, planning and execution skills.
- Ability to achieves results while maintaining and building effective relationships
- Ability to develop effective, motivated volunteers and volunteer teams to achieve common goals.
- Ability to handle flexible working hours, with occasional evening and weekend work when required
At the Canadian Diabetes Association, we encourage applications from all qualified individuals, and value a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve.
We thank all interested applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.