You’re a passionate writer and communicator, and are even more passionate about
where the web is going. Writing, crafting stories, researching data for content and
developing and completing great content is what you are all about. Crafting
compelling headlines is commonplace for you. Delivering exceptional content, under
pressure, is back-pocket.
We are seeking a copywriter / content strategist to help build amazing brand stories,
educate, inspire and entertain audiences on behalf of our clients and our brand.
In this role, you'll work with a talented team of inbound marketers, inbound
strategists and developers to generate content across a plethora of verticals, and a
wide range of content types (static website content, blog posts, eBooks, case studies,
This role is diverse. You will be writing page copy, crafting a client blog post and
building content ideas one day; the next, crafting content ideas for client blogs with
our inbound team, writing case studies, and researching content for an infographic.
You'll be responsible for all aspects of written content creation from conceptual
development through to ongoing editorial governance.
You need to care about the inner workings of brand story: communicating brand
differences to target audiences. You need to care about research, data, content
curation and attracting and engaging audiences with your content.
You are a natural born grammar aficionado.
Riverbed Marketing is an inbound marketing agency, founded and fueled by
passionate people who believe in solving problems in digital marketing for our
clients. We work in a small range of specific verticals including medical tech,
manufacturing, ecommerce, real estate and professional services.
We are a virtual, remote company, meaning you can work from any environment you would like.
We offer a comprehensive extended medical package, prescription drugs, dental,
AD&D insurance and preferred vision services.
If you've read all this and enjoy building value through communication, working hard
and playing hard, and working in a more flexible environment, we encourage you to
apply for this role.
- Gain a deep understanding of client business objectives and product offerings -Work with project teams to establish ideas, concepts and client copy.
- Determine project content requirements and create content plans for internal use and client approval
- Establish and document guidelines for editorial tone, style and voice of all written content -Research assigned topics and become a subject matter expert
- Collaborate with designers, strategists, and other team members to brainstorm and present concepts internally, including visual content
- Write engaging copy for a variety of digital mediums. This includes long-form, short form, headlines, interface copy (labels, CTAs, brief directional copy), etc.
- Establish editorial procedures and content governance for written elements in Riverbed Marketing projects
- Recommend content organizational structures and complete content strategies
- Work with clients to enhance and reformat legacy content where requested -Ensure all written content conforms to best practices for readability and SEO
- Function as a resource for proofreading and style/grammar questions from project teams -Format manuscripts as needed for use by designers, developer, legal reviewers, etc.
- Apply SEO best practices in your writing -Understand marketing technologies, current and emerging, that we work within -Keep up with industry trends such as web, mobile, social and participate in knowledge exchanges with peers
Required Skills and Experience
- Exceptional writing skills
- 4+ years of paid editorial/writing experience (preferably within an agency environment)
- Candidates should have a strong portfolio showcasing both short form (headlines) and long form writing across digital mediums
- In-depth knowledge of contemporary grammar usage
- Ability to write in multiple voices and adapt writing style as necessary including the ability to write in a very conversational tone
- Proven experience in writing to digital user experience best practices
- Basic knowledge of typography and aesthetics
- Understanding SEO and its application in writing. Strong analytical abilities and the ability to carefully manage details
- Ability to work with a diverse range of personalities while juggling multiple projects
- Ability to focus and work under pressure during tight deadlines with humor, tact and professionalism
- Ability to accept detailed feedback and critique with grace and professionalism.
- Excellent communication skills with internal and external audiences at all levels
- A degree in a related field such as Communications, Journalism or Technical Writing