Why work at Bow Valley College? Mostly because we’re a pretty great place to work. We’ve been named one of Alberta's Top 70 Employers every year since 2015. We want to see our learners and employees succeed. Staff and faculty consistently say that the people, the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our students, and the incredible support they receive from their co-workers and supervisors keep them at the College.
Are you a Content Writer who can build great stories with solid experience in digital marketing? Does the thought of developing a major website redesign as part of a dynamic Marketing and Communications team fill you with enthusiasm? Do you have the link to the Canadian Press Style Guide bookmarked on your laptop? If you’re nodding your head as you read this, please keep reading.
Reporting to our Digital Content Specialist, you would play a key role in launching and sustaining the College’s new website. You would write and migrate content, and build assets and web pages that fit our brand – and you’ll train other content contributors to do the same. You’d also propose, research, and write weekly stories that illustrate the value of Bow Valley College brings to our learners and communities. Your deep affection for analytics would prompt you to track the performance of the our digital marketing campaigns, and recommend ways to improve.
If this describes you, and the type of work you thrive on, apply today.
- Diploma - Communications, journalism, or an applicable field
- Minimum three years of related experience
- An equivalent combination of directly related education and experience may be considered
- Strong portfolio of creating content for the web.
- Proven experience in leading discussions for content and story generation.
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent presentational skills.
- Knowledge of Canadian Press style.
- High competency in the use SEO tools and Google Analytics.
- Knowledge in User Experience is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of HTML is considered a great asset.
Building/Nurturing/Fostering Relationships & Organization-wide Perspective
- Builds rapport to establish and maintain effective relationships with clients and stakeholders and gains their trust and respect.
- Is open-minded when different perspectives are presented.
- Is open to and adapts well to change and is not knocked off balance by the unexpected.
- Communicates effectively with colleagues and others to support the implementation of change.
- Demonstrates commitment and support of the College in day-to-day interactions with stakeholders and clients.
- Models a positive image to others both inside and outside the organization.
Critical Decision Making
- Views situations from a broad perspective rather than just their own.
- Anticipates multiple possible causes and consequences of events.
Open Communication/ Listening
- Discusses with supervisor any potential upcoming challenges in their day to day work.
- Maintains respectful, open communications with supervisors, co-workers and colleagues, in order to share both information
This is a Project (AUPE) position with an anticipated duration of 1 year. Please note all successful candidates will be required to provide copies of government issued identification and proof of educational qualifications upon hire
Minimum Education Requirements
Closing Date: 5/2/2017