The Content Advisor will provide Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP with exceptional content strategy and delivery for all of the Canadian online properties and social media channels. Ensuring those who consume our content find it relevant and valuable within each property and/or channel. This position is a mix of content production, strategy and copywriting and the ideal candidate will seamlessly move between roles with little oversight.
As with all communications work, this role involves representing the organization, influencing senior stakeholders and audiences and deploying strategic initiatives. The Content Advisor will report to the Senior Corporate Communications Manager, who leads a team of communicators across Canada.
A key component is strategic content generation that can be repurposed multiple ways for a wide variety of audiences. Developing and maintaining overall content strategy and standards for tone and voice of our properties and channels is also crucial while establishing process for content projects, establishing templates and implementing editorial calendars.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to develop and deliver strategic and tactical content strategies, effectively lead on multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously.
- Working with the Senior Corporate Communications Manager and members of the Marketing Communications (MarCom) digital team build content strategies, execute and deploy content placement and amplification campaigns
- Converts content into socially relevant and consumable information. A deep knowledge of social media amplification channels is a fundament component of this position
- Execute and deploy content placement and amplification through the use of editorial calendars and channel mapping
- Produce high quality short, medium and long-form copy that incorporates best practices for digital use
- Analyzes and provides reporting and insights from implemented content based campaigns. Uses insights to optimize and enhance future campaigns
- Partner with the design team to create interplay between textual and visual elements
- Support MarCom and Regional Marketing teams in marketing campaign planning and execution
- Develops and delivers high impact culture messaging
- Provide and write content amplification recommendations for the various practices
Skills and Experience Required
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a corporate environment. Prior experience working in a formal communications function is required, professional services is an asset
- Bachelor's degree in advertising, communications, creative writing, related field or equivalent training/experience
- Must be a strong writer who can craft content in different tones, voices and styles
- Experience writing against an editorial calendar
- Strong understanding of website technology, social and email marketing including SEO, SEM, Social Media platforms
- Strong understanding of web analytics and the ability to pick up new monitoring and reporting tools quickly. Google Analytics experience a plus
- Able to manage pressure and tight timelines, limited budgets at times and quick turnarounds
- Active interest and experience in social media including LinkedIn and Twitter
Diversity and Inclusion
At Norton Rose Fulbright we value difference and promote a culture of respect for each individual. We encourage workforce diversity in all aspects and at all levels and in doing so create an environment where everyone can realize their full potential and career ambitions on the basis of merit and skill.
Norton Rose Fulbright
Norton Rose Fulbright is a global legal practice. We provide the world’s pre-eminent corporations and financial institutions with a full business law service. We have more than 3800 lawyers and other legal staff based in more than 50 cities across Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa, the Middle East and Central Asia.
Recognized for our industry focus, we are strong across all the key industry sectors: financial institutions; energy; infrastructure, mining and commodities; transport; technology and innovation; and life sciences and healthcare.
Wherever we are, we operate in accordance with our global business principles of quality, unity and integrity. We aim to provide the highest possible standard of legal service in each of our offices and to maintain that level of quality at every point of contact.
Norton Rose Fulbright adheres to the principles of employment equity. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest. However, please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.