We’re transforming Africa through innovative scientific training, technical advances and breakthrough discoveries!
The African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS, www.nexteinstein.org) is a pan-African network of centres of excellence for postgraduate training, research and outreach in mathematical sciences. Its mission is to enable Africa's brightest students to flourish as independent thinkers, problem solvers and innovators capable of propelling Africa's future scientific, educational and economic self-sufficiency. The first AIMS centre opened in Cape Town, South Africa in 2003; since 2011, AIMS has opened additional centres in Senegal, Ghana, Cameroon, Tanzania and Rwanda. The goal of the AIMS Next Einstein Initiative (AIMS-NEI) is to build a pan-African network of 15 centres of excellence across the continent by 2023.
Each AIMS centre provides an intensive and broad education to over 50 African students each year and prepares them for leadership careers in academia, governance and industry. The AIMS educational program relies on top international lecturers who teach in a 24-hour learning environment.
If you bring a collaborative spirit with a passion to effect change, consider this opportunity as the…
Bilingual Community & Web Content Development Manager, AIMS Global Network
The Bilingual Community & Web Content Development Manager, will join a high-energy team focused on sharing success stories and scaling up impact. As the Manager of this role, your energies will focus on digital and social media strategy and content creation, newsletter and copy writing and editing, research, special projects along with ad-hoc communications administrative support.
Led by the Director of Communications, and closely working with Communications colleagues across the Network, you will actively contribute to the development and implementation of the online communication strategy, managing various online communication tools (website, social media, newsletter, videos) to help build the organization’s profile and reputation and to meaningfully engage stakeholders in the work of AIMS. As a naturally curious individual, you are at ease exploring new social technologies, you make it your business to be in the know about current and emerging issues and you are a gifted communicator who offers impeccable writing abilities to inform the development of collateral, presentations, press releases and the like.
This is a full-time opportunity based from the Secretariat office in Kigali, Rwanda.
Do you have what we need?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications / /Marketing/ Journalism or other relatedfield
- 4+ years of experience in journalism, communications or relatedfield
- 3+ years of experience in community and social mediamanagement
- 3 - 5 years working with analytical software (e.g. Google Analytics)
- 3 - 5 years’ experience working with Google Adwords and other paid search platforms Digital native: Know how to navigate professionally on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Flickr, YouTube and other socialcircles
- A Powerful communicator with impeccable writing and editingskills
- Bi-lingual (English/French) isimperative
- A proven track record in digital strategy, with experience planning, managing and executing successful digitalcampaigns
- Prior experience creating content on behalf of a large organization and/or itsexecutives
- Demonstrated experience with online content creation andCMS
- Ability and desire to work effectively in a fast-paced, teamenvironment
- Programming knowledge, Adobe Creative Suite experience aplus
- Working knowledge of HTML, SEO and advanced content managementsystems (wordpress)
- 1-2 years of web design/development experience
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Proficient using MS Office and Internet applications (GoogleApps;Skype)
- Knowledge of page level development using HTML, CSS
- Effective team player to: meet deadlines, responsive to on-demand needs and manage multiple time-sensitiverequests
- Collaborative andinclusive
- Demonstrated maturity to discreetly handle matters of confidence with a high level of tact anddiplomacy
- Highly engaged to stay attuned to global news, trends and emergingissues
- Candidates should be curious, collaborative and self-directed; show creativity and curiosity in exploring new technologies and creatingcontent
- Travel within and outside of Kigali with periodic stays of up to 1 month
- Be prepared to work outside of normal working hours due to the geographic spread of the Network