Closing Date: June 13, 2016
Who We Are:
For decades, Maritime donors have played a critical role in the transformation of the IWK Health Centre. As the fundraising partner of the IWK Health Centre, the IWK Foundation is a champion of excellence in women’s and children’s health and medicine. We work in partnership with the IWK to support their vision of providing quality care to women, children, youth and families in the Maritime Provinces. Maritimers have built the IWK and through their generosity they have helped it evolve so that it continues to be a world-class health centre ensuring excellence in care.
What We Need:
Commencing in mid-June, we have an opening for a skilled and independent individual to join our Marketing and Communications team. This position will provide communication support to IWK Foundation’s marketing and communications initiatives, including events, with particular focus on fundraising, storytelling and awareness. A primary responsibility of this position is writing for a variety of audiences and mediums. This position is also the communications lead for the Foundation’s media relations strategy
- Supports the development of organization-wide messaging and written communications.
- In collaboration with the Marketing and Communications team, works on the ongoing development of content for various mediums, campaigns, events and broadcast programming on a constant basis (i.e. Radiothons, IWK Telethon, collateral, online, video production and donor initiatives)
- Collaborates on strategy and messaging for donor communications and programs with focus on fundraising (proposal writing) and stewardship.
- Acts as a key relationship lead with various Foundation stakeholders including media partners, volunteer committees, patients and families, IWK care teams and staff.
- Supports various fundraising programs with focus on story production, broadcast planning, fundraising strategy and key messaging development, as well as the oversight of logistics.
- Serves as the primary contact for media requests and is responsible for the oversight of the Foundation's media relations strategy.
- Possibility of travel as required
Who You Are:
The Communications Strategist requires exceptional skills in writing, collaborating and communication. A Bachelor’s Degree in Public Relations, Journalism, or Business with a major in communications and a minimum of 3-5 years of related experience is required. Working collaboritively as the team, you need to be able to demonstrate your ability to effectively and efficiently manage projects and meet deadlines. You must have the ability to work in a fast-paced, creative, demanding environment of competing priorities
What Do You Do Now?
If you meet the criteria and are a dynamic and determined individual with a passion and desire to support women, children, youth and families in the Maritimes, we would like to hear from you! Please provide your cover letter stating why you wish to work at the IWK Foundation. We thank all candidates but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.