Calgary Counselling Centre (CCC) changes people’s lives. We provide counselling for individuals, youth and families of all backgrounds, with barrier free access and no wait-lists. We are philosophically grounded in research and outcomes measurements and are achieving unparalleled client success; we educate and train counsellors — all within a thriving social enterprise structure.
Calgary Counselling Centre is looking for a skilled communicator with a passion for communications/marketing and with in-depth experience in public and media relations to raise the profile of CCC and further engage the community, internal staff and stakeholders. This role will work closely with the Centre’s Graphic Designer, Fund Development, Research and all other internal departments and staff.
Develop effective public relations plans to support CCC’s strategic initiatives
Proactively seek and create media engagement opportunities that will raise CCC’s profile and reputation as a Centre of Excellence
Research, write, edit and produce a variety of communications tools, news releases, advisories, ready to print articles, speeches, etc.
Monitor current events and actively pitch media stories to raise profile of CCC’s value to community and key stakeholders
Monitor and report on a weekly basis media activity and engagement
Manage and execute communications and marketing strategic plans.
- Take responsibility for the development and management of CCC’s website including keeping content up to date and appropriate, making improvements to functionality and advising colleagues on maximizing its potential
- Implement and expand a social media strategy to raise CCC’s profile and market services while strengthening its reputation and image
- Constantly monitor and report monthly on all activities and put forward suggestions on how to adjust and improve efforts to yield better results
- Ensure consistency in communicating key messages to all target audiences to increase CCC’s profile and strengthen its position in the marketplace.
- Research, copy-write and lead the production of quarterly e-newsletters
Proactively seek client stories by interviewing clients, writing their stories and receiving approval to share their stories in all communication vehicles
Carry out other general communications and marketing tasks that may arise in the
Fundraising and Communications Team
Manage Communications students and volunteers, monitoring and evaluating their activities and providing support with staff development
- Write, edit and produce a variety of external and internal marketing tools, including:
- marketing materials such as brochures
- blog articles
- Internal portal articles
- annual report
- social media posts
- website content
- Identify and manage speaking opportunities for key spokespeople, board and executive
- Organize events such as conferences, presentations and other community events as necessary
- Champion the CCC brand internally and externally
- Continuously oversee standards for marketing and communications activities to ensure consistent messaging throughout the organization
- Communicate internally and ensure understanding and support to bring the brand to life in all client experiences
- Ensure brand consistency in tone, visuals, key messages and overall customer experiences
- Work effectively in an integrated communications and marketing team as well as other internal teams
- Foster strong team integration throughout the organization
- Effectively communicate efforts and inspire brand support internally
- Degree or diploma in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or related field
- Six to eight years’ communications, public relations and marketing experience, preferably within a corporate or agency setting and with increasing responsibility
- Excellent interpersonal skills and superior writing skills a must.
What we expect of you
- In a professional and diligent manner, carry out the work specified in the job description and
the specific tasks as agreed to in the annual plan and reviewed periodically with your supervisor
- Adhere to our principles and values
- Maintain and develop your own effectiveness, including taking responsibility for and investing in your own professional development as it relates to our vision and mission
- Be prepared to adapt to the changing environment that we have, embrace and personally embody the continuing learning and developing philosophy of the organization
- Constantly think and look for opportunities on how to more effectively promote and help the organization grow
- Communicate regularly with key staff members through regular reporting, by email, phone and face-to-face meetings
- Support and foster teamwork and do your part to contribute to a healthy, lively and professional atmosphere
- Show accountability respecting and delivering on deadlines
What you can expect from us
- A fast pace professional atmosphere
- Opportunity to contribute ideas and opinions that may have direct impact in the growth of the organization
- A team oriented environment
- Opportunity to grow and develop your skills
- Experience variety within your role
- Interaction with organizational leaders
- Feedback and coaching within a strong culture of learning
Please email or fax your resume and cover letter, in confidence, no later than September 30, 2016 to:
Calgary Counselling Centre
Calgary Counselling Centre is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We regret that we are unable to accept telephone inquiries.