Katch Kan Ltd. is looking for a Graphic Designer who excels in a fast paced environment. This individual will deliver exceptional quality service with high-performance results reporting directly to our Marketing Manager. The successful candidate will demonstrate a high level of professionalism when interacting with employees, management and the public. The successful candidate will have intermediate to advanced working knowledge of Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Swiftpage(or similar) and Apple technologies. Shortlisted candidates will undergo testing. This is a full time, permanent position and an opportunity to work with a fun, family orientated organization. Katch Kan offers a competitive salary and benefit packages, RRSP program and an engaging work environment.
- Conceptualize, Design and Produce marketing materials through graphic design (invitations, brochures, handouts, advertisement, booth designs, art work for promotional items etc.).
- Assess target audience and make recommendations for proper visual communication.
- Implement adjustments and improvements to existing artwork.
- Produce a high volume of collateral under tight deadlines.
- Develops print specs for price quotes, responsible to get quotes and with work vendors.
- Ensure the accuracy of all information.
- Must be results focused.
- Manager the organization’s presence on social media networking sites (Facebook, Twitter etc.).
- Monitor social media sites for potential issues that could affect the organization.
- Develop and execute strategic marketing and communications plans to build active and sustainable online communities for the organization.
- Identify key performance indicators, evaluate the effectiveness of social media events or campaigns and report results to manager.
- Write editorials and promotional material and create content for various social media.
- Maintain awareness of social technology and related trends.
- Maintain and manage the inventory for print collateral and promotional items.
- Attendance at Tradeshows as required.
Education and Experience
- 2+ years of experience using Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Swiftpage or Similar and Mac/Apple technologies.
- 2+ years of Graphic Design/Visual Arts.
- 2+ years Marketing/Advertisement.
- 2+ years Writing/Journalism.
- Demonstrated experience using social networks within an organizational and personal context.
- Demonstrated online community building techniques.
- Demonstrated experience in designing corporate logos, stationery and corporate identity materials.
- Experience in creating advertisements and promotional posters, flyers, brochures etc.
- College Degree or Diploma related to marketing would be an asset.
- Knowledge of general marketing principles and practise.
- Strong communication and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated organization and multitasking abilities.
- Energetic and works well in a fast-paced changing environment.
- Oil and gas industry experience an asset.
- Drug and alcohol screening.
- Criminal record check.
- Valid Driver’s Licence.