Travel Manitoba is a Crown Corporation responsible for stimulating innovative, sustainable tourism growth in Manitoba's $1.2 billion tourism industry. In partnership with the tourism industry, Travel Manitoba is responsible for tourism marketing, visitor information services, experience development, research and public information.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team. Communications Coordinator - part-time term position RESPONSIBILITIES: We are seeking a Communications Coordinator for a ten (10) month maternity leave term position. This position is part-time working three (3) days per week. Reporting to the Vice President, Sales and Marketing, the Communications Coordinator is responsible for co-ordinating industry communications, including an industry e-newsletter, tourism industry website and social media. The position also involves preparing creative content for marketing materials targeted at the consumer including e-newsletters, advertisements and other marketing initiatives, providing communications support pre and post major industry events, preparing and distributing news releases, writing speeches and preparing Powerpoint presentations for senior management. The successful candidate will have strong writing skills, including the ability to tailor writing style to suit various audiences, experience in conducting interviews, and the ability to manage time effectively and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Degree or Diploma in communications or equivalent experience
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Organizational and project management skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task to deadline
- Knowledge of Manitoba's tourism industry would be an asset
- Fluency in French, both written and verbal, would be an asset
ANNUAL SALARY: $25,513 to $33,573
Closing date: August 6, 2013
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.