Closing Date - Aug 23, 2016
We are looking for an enthusiastic and organized team member to work behind the scenes and support the Office of the Registrar to deliver a student-first experience! This person will report to and work with the Communications Strategy Lead to create and coordinate projects for prospective and current students.
The Communications Coordinator helps implement and deliver the tactics within the Office of the Registrar's (RO) various marketing and communications strategies for digital and print. You will support projects and initiatives for a wide variety of internal and external audiences, as well as cooperative ventures with other departments and faculties.
You will be responsible for project management/day-to-day coordination and execution of ongoing projects within the team and RO units/clients, ensuring projects adhere to long-term communications planning, goals, and strategic initiatives. Some examples of client areas include prospective student recruitment, admissions, student services, awards, and convocation.
- Collaborates with the Associate Director, Communications Strategy Lead and other Communications team members to develop and execute marketing and communications plans and proposals that direct the communications initiatives of the RO
- Develops communications and marketing material for the RO and other stakeholders and will work with these clients (administrative units, departments, faculties) to execute the delivery of all the elements within the communications plans
- Researches, designs, and implements student-related projects
- Ensures key marketing/communications themes, campaigns, and creative concepts are used in all initiatives as per direction
- Takes both a lead and supporting role in developing, implementing and executing external and internal communications plans, projects, and initiatives
- Writes for various communications projects, including briefs, various publications, campaigns, newsletter, web, social media, articles, key messages, memos, speeches, letters, presentations, etc.
- Executes strategies for web content and engagement (including written/editorial, photographic, video, and multimedia)
- Provides feedback on creative concepts for internal review as a member of the Communications team
- Develops a network of strategic partnerships and contacts within the RO and throughout the University
- Performs other related duties as required
- Diploma in Communications, Commerce (major in Marketing), Journalism, Public Relations or related discipline (undergraduate degree preferred); equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered
- Two years of experience in a Communications/Marketing office environment
- Experience with digital communications and social media
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle competing priorities in a high-paced environment
- Proven ability to successfully manage various projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication/interpersonal skills
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, Mac/PC platforms, databases, latest social networking technology