Communications Coordinator full-time
Physiotherapy Alberta - College + Association is both a health regulatory organization with a mandate to serve the public interest by registering and ensuring competence in physiotherapy practice, and a professional association providing services to over 2400 physiotherapists in Alberta.
The office is located in downtown Edmonton, and has a staff of 6 full time equivalents.
Working in partnership with the senior team the Communications Coordinator supports activities related to Physiotherapy Alberta - College + Association (Physiotherapy Alberta) communication, marketing and public relations functions. This involves contributing to the development and implementation of communication, marketing, and public relations strategies that promote the work of Physiotherapy Alberta and our members.
The Communications Coordinator also contributes to relevant ongoing strategic and business planning activities.
- Coordinate the communication, marketing, and public relations strategies of the Physiotherapy Alberta.
- Assist with advertising preparation and placement.
- Edit and design layout for all Physiotherapy Alberta communication materials including newsletters, annual report, forms, and other publications (both paper and electronic).
- Manage website updates and optimization.
- Monitor uptake of communications and contribute to development of best practices for communications distribution to broaden the reach of Physiotherapy Alberta communications and target specific audiences, including use of social media and other digital communications.
- Recruit and work with physiotherapists who contribute to communication, marketing and public relations efforts.
- Provide editorial support to staff.
- Other duties as assigned or required
Education: A degree or diploma with a focus on communication, marketing, public relations or graphic design
1. Proficiency using Adobe Creative Suite (or equivalent desktop publishing program)
2. Working knowledge of word processing
3. Experience with social media applications
4. Basic understanding of HTML and use of content management systems an asset
5. Effective written, verbal and website communication skills
1. Ability to work as part of a small team
2. Demonstrated organizational skills
3. Willingness to be flexible
4. Creative thinker