Silvera for Seniors is a dynamic and growing non-profit organization that provides affordable housing for Calgary seniors. Our vision is to be a leading advocate and caring provider of affordable homes and services for seniors, so they live in place with dignity. Silvera manages 26 communities in Calgary and has multiple internal and external stakeholder audiences.
We are seeking an experienced Communications Coordinator to join our team. Reporting to the Communications and Marketing Manager, the coordinator is responsible for assisting with strategic and tactical corporate communications and marketing in support of organizational priorities.
- Contributes to the development and implementation of internal and external communications and marketing initiatives to enhance Silvera’s brand and reduce reputational risk
- Project-manages the development of communications and marketing products, including print and digital written materials, such as newsletter articles, collateral, web content, social media posts, key messages, issue notes, advertisements and the annual report
- Builds and maintains productive working relationships with peers and leaders to facilitate effective client service and to demonstrate the most beneficial impacts of communications and marketing
- Represents Communications and Marketing and provides advice and services to clients and on internal cross-functional working groups
- Assists with issues-management and crisis communications
- Assists with the development of the annual Communications and Marketing budget
- Assists with the evaluation of promotional approaches and materials of other organizations operating in the sector
- An undergraduate degree or a diploma equivalent to at least 2 years of full-time study in Public Relations or Communications
- 2-4 years of related communications experience
- Proven experience writing well to deadline in different styles for various objectives and stakeholder audiences
- Demonstrated project management skills in an environment with a mix of concurrent assignments, a norm of teamwork and the expectation of individual accountability
- The ability to build and maintain productive working relationships and contribute solutions and leadership in areas of expertise
- Some familiarity with the marketing of services or experiences
- Curiosity, creativity and a desire to learn and be mentored
- Interest in and compassion for seniors
- Experience working for a non-profit organization
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Adobe Photoshop
- Ability to work within different environments, with the flexibility and physical capability to travel around the city to Silvera communities for meetings with residents and related events
- Flexibility and ability to respond to a variety of changing duties and work routines; on occasion work under somewhat stressful situations
If you possess all of the above please apply by submitting a current copy of your resume, and a supporting cover letter addressing the above requirements.
Please note that our system only accepts one document upload. Your cover letter and resume will need to be submitted in one document/file. Applications that do not address the criteria will not be considered.
While we thank all those who apply, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Due to the current high volume of applications we will not be accepting calls about individual applications. No Phone Calls Please.
*All pre-screen questions must be answered completed for an application to be processed, incomplete applications may not be considered.
No Agency Referrals
Note: This position requires the successful completion of a criminal record check.