Job Number: J0115-0334
Number Of Positions: 1
Closing Date: February 24, 2015
As one of Canada’s fastest growing municipalities, Rocky View County offers significant opportunities for professional development. Our dedicated employees work with a variety of stakeholders to develop innovative and unique solutions for the complexities of rural and urban development. We seek individuals who thrive on challenges, who provide excellent customer service in a fast-paced environment, and whose positive energy enables the County to grow and prosper.
Reporting to Communications Manager the Communications Coordinator will be responsible to assist with external communication projects including advertising, event planning, publication management, media relations, writing, and communications and marketing. The position also assists with the implementation of employee communication practices and be given the opportunity to contribute directly to many communication activities.
- Ensure that Rocky View County’s media relations are effective through the preparation of media releases and key messages; the appropriate responses to media inquiries; the organization of media events; and the undertaking of other aspects of effective media relations under the direction of the Communications Manager.
- Ensure that the County communicates effectively through the preparation of clear, concise, readable written articles, brochures, web features, etc.
- Ensure communications projects are properly analyzed, planned, implemented, and evaluated.
- Verbally communicate effectively in English with a wide variety of audiences and differing complexity of messages.
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of all the tools and approaches available to communicators, and effectively implement the right mix to achieve desired results.
- Communicate general information to the public through the County’s website, print publications, and other vehicles to keep taxpayers apprised of the County actions, plans, and events.
- Ensure public feedback mechanisms are built into all County communications.
- Enhance internal communications by building the function into all department activities.
- Maintain awareness of the County’s policies, programs, strategic initiatives, and procedures.
- Ensure Rocky View County’s brand standards are applied and maintained in all areas.
- Provide administrative support as needed.
- Display a professional and ethical responsibility to protect privacy, use information appropriately, and maintain the confidentiality and security of all information related to employees, businesses, and residents.
- Adhere to Health and Safety legislation and Rocky View County safe work policies and procedures at all times, ensuring the protection and safety of self, co-workers, the public, and the environment.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Two year related post-secondary diploma that includes technical school, business diplomas, or equivalent.
- 3 - 4 years relevant progressive experience in a related communications position.
- Demonstrated knowledge of communications techniques and process both print and electronic.
- Knowledge of web Content Management Systems (CMS).
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office Suite and design principles.
- Ability to multi-task and work with others in a collaborative environment.
- Demonstrate time management, prioritization, organizational and decision making ability.
- Demonstrates superior customer service skills to both internal and external customers.
- Excellent writing and editing skills with strong attention to detail.
- Experience writing for a variety of styles and formats, including web and CP news style.