Established in 1991, the BrokerLink companies, which include Canada Brokerlink Inc., Canada Brokerlink (Ontario) Inc. and Canada Brokerlink Financial Inc. (www.brokerlink.ca), together constitute one of the largest Canadian property and casualty insurance brokerage operations with over 50 offices supported by more than 700 employees across Ontario and Alberta. The BrokerLink companies are subsidiaries of Intact Financial Corporation (TSX: IFC).
We have an immediate opening for a Communications Associate to join our team working from either our Calgary or Toronto office.
The Communications Associate will report to the Marketing Manager and will assist with the development and implementation of comprehensive internal and external communications programs targeted at staff, customers, and relevant stakeholders.
This includes the following main functions:
- Develop and implement effective internal communication programs, leveraging traditional tactics and new media, to increase staff awareness and engagement with business direction.
- Develop, produce, and distribute traditional and new media corporate communication material.
- Work with local managers to draft content highlighting local branch activity in their community.
- Draft and edit internal staff content and announcements to ensure tone and manner are consistent.
- Accountable for all elements of the customer Enewsletter, including content planning, agency guidance, internal communications, follow-up reporting and direct to consumer communication.
- Accountable for all elements of the internal staff newsletter, including content planning, agency guidance, internal communications, follow-up reporting and readership feedback.
- Maintain the Content Management Systems for internal and external website.
- Contribute to the 12 month content planning and scheduling for website blog and newsletters.
- Contribute to the implementation of Corporate Social Responsibility programs.
- Assist with brand monitoring and tracking social media references. Plan and implement appropriate response.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- University Degree, with a Business or Communications focus
- 2 - 5 years relevant work experience
- Strong business writing, copywriting, and editing abilities
- Strong customer focus and ability to handle multiple priorities on a tight timeline
- Experience working with web-based technology and graphic design (Creative Suite) an asset
- Competence in working effectively with all levels of staff
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to delivery high quality work on time and on budget