Communications Advisor (Social Media) full-time
Requisition #: 44
Department: Chief Communications Officer
Posting Close Date: 2016-02-01
Location: Tawa Centre - At
Date Available: 2016-02-11
Days Off: Saturday/Sunday
Rates of Pay: As per the out of scope salary band
Vehicle Required: Yes
Reporting to the Manager, Web Communications, the Communications Advisor is an integral member of a team providing leadership to the organization’s internal and external social communications efforts. Using strategic thinking, creativity, consultation and teamwork, the Advisor will contribute to a variety of projects and initiatives to advance the strategic directions of the organization.
This position provides integrated social media strategic planning and execution at a corporate level as well as communications advice and supports initiatives in operational and corporate portfolios, including communications planning and execution, managing communications projects and writing/editing print and online communications materials for internal and external stakeholders.
- Post-secondary degree in digital journalism, arts, social sciences, public relations, communications or marketing required.
- Diploma or continuing education in digital media an asset.
- A combination of relevant education and work experience will be considered..
- Five to seven years of experience in strategic planning, implementing and evaluating integrated digital communications strategies as a communications professional required.
- Social media community management experience required.
- Superior knowledge and proficiency in working with social media platforms and third-party applications.
- Superior knowledge in social media metrics and reporting.
- Superior knowledge in writing for social media and other web platforms.
- Proven experience conducting social media training to upper level management.
- Superior presentation skills.
- Writing and storytelling skills.
- Web project management experience an asset.
- Ability to discern public information and conversations for relevance.
- Ability to work successfully in a team-based setting.
- Superior Interpersonal skills, ability to interact with residents, patients and families.
Covenant Health is Canada's largest Catholic health care organization with over 14,000 physicians, employees and volunteers serving in 12 communities across Alberta. A major provider in Alberta's integrated health system, Covenant Health works with Alberta Health Services and community partners to positively influence the health of Albertans through a broad range of programs and services.